PDA

View Full Version : Is this an observation

cherry
18-02-2009, 02:32 PM
if it is how do I link it to EYFS.

I have a 14 month old mindee who I have had since 3 months old. Just recently he has become very frightened almost hysterical about tents and small areas. When he was small he played in my ball tent and he had sun covers over him when outside in the sun with no problem.

I don't want him to grow up being frightened so I am trying to do things to help. This morning we were out at a play area which have sensory 2 sided small areas and I had him sat on my lap and just moved nearer and nearer to it without him realising until we were sat inside and as long as I moved very slowly I actually got him to touch the walls. Now this was great and I'm sure it should be an observation and a what next, (I have written it in his diary) but I can't see how to link it to EYFS.
Could someone point me in the right direction.

misst104
18-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Not entirely sure as I'm still in process of registering but didn't want to read and run. Think it would definately come under PSE but not sure what else you need after that!!

Well done though. Great that you managed to get the lo to do this :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
18-02-2009, 03:00 PM
if it is how do I link it to EYFS.

I have a 14 month old mindee who I have had since 3 months old. Just recently he has become very frightened almost hysterical about tents and small areas. When he was small he played in my ball tent and he had sun covers over him when outside in the sun with no problem.

I don't want him to grow up being frightened so I am trying to do things to help. This morning we were out at a play area which have sensory 2 sided small areas and I had him sat on my lap and just moved nearer and nearer to it without him realising until we were sat inside and as long as I moved very slowly I actually got him to touch the walls. Now this was great and I'm sure it should be an observation and a what next, (I have written it in his diary) but I can't see how to link it to EYFS.
Could someone point me in the right direction.

PSED- explore from the security of a close relationship with a caring and responsive adult.

cherry
18-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Thank you both. :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-02-2009, 04:06 PM
For next steps really it's more of the same - gentle, caring attention as he is encouraged to be braver.

That's a lovely story of what can be done when you are tuned into the child's needs and have buckets of patience :D

angeldelight
20-02-2009, 09:23 AM
oh bless him Cherry - strange how some children can be scared of things like this

You are working wonders with him though - well done to you

Angel xx