PDA

View Full Version : EYFS - Developing through the months

Rasharoon
18-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I have 3 part-time children:
17 month old - 10 hours per week (2 days)
3 year old - 6 hours per week (2 days)
3 year old - 11 hours per week (before and after school)

I'm trying to do learning journeys and have found a form called - EYFS - Developing through the months and it lists the 6 areas.

My question is, for such part time children, would you fill this out. I've been going back on my daily diaries for the children and they read the same. I have picked out some obs which I've recorded and kept artwork.

Do I need to complete this form? (I've attached it so you can see what it looks like).

Thanks

sarah707
18-02-2009, 10:59 AM
That is one of my forms but the copyright has been removed :(

I have adapted it slightly now, it looks a bit different because I use it for both obs and next steps.

It is part of my e-book 14 'Eyfs observations' and comes with a complete explanation of how it works and when it might be used.

I use it for small children who I have on a part time basis and I would be looking to fill in one every month. It would form most of the obs on that child and might also have a photo obs attached.

So I would observe eg PSED - J said 'mine' today as he held a toy... next steps - read 'sharing' books.

Then I have a list of the Eyfs for his age and stage and refer it back to that to say which bits of the Eyfs learning and development he was actually meeting.

hth :D

Monkey1
18-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I have just started a similar thread!:blush:

Rasharoon
18-02-2009, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=sarah707;340637]That is one of my forms but the copyright has been removed :(

I'm being honest when I say I've no idea where I got this form from. I've so many forms saved and all in different formats that I end up confusing myself.

Apologies Sarah.

sarah707
18-02-2009, 11:46 AM
It's fine! No problems I hope the information I've given helps :D

patevans
18-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I've not seen that form b4! I have so many of Sarahs ebooks I dont know whats in them all!! :)

18-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi

I have a similar form and all my children are part-timers. I just do a few obs per month and more if they do more hours. I try to look at different area each time. I also put a cover note in their folders to explain that part-timers will have "gaps" . Not sure if I am right but trying to keep it manageable. I am worried that most of them don't have longer obs or many photos/art work but I am still doing bits and pieces on rest of EYFS so something has to give.

Anni

sarah707
18-02-2009, 04:13 PM
You are right Anni, it has to be manageable.

If you can do something and do it well, then that is better than running yourself ragged or doing nothing. :)

theoldwoman
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I find its like a shadow behind me all the time, I am so far behind I don't know where to start. I have 13 children in the EYFS, if I worked at a nursery I would probably onyl have 3 or 4. I haven't had a free weekend yet this year with courses and Cubs and very few evenings, perhaps if I didn't go to bed!! As well as the 13 there are another 18 aged up to 11 yrs so don't get much oppurtunity during the day. Any ideas on how to 'lose' a few, is there a minimum number of hours you have them before EYFS kicks in as one only comes 2 mornings. HELP please:rolleyes:

sarah707
04-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Is there a minimum number of hours you have them before EYFS kicks in as one only comes 2 mornings. HELP please:rolleyes:

Sorry there are no minimum hours... the best advice I can give you is that you need to provide complementary care.

So if the child is getting his learning / school work elsewhere, then you need to be showing how he relaxes and plays with you.

For part timers there is no way you can do the same amount of writing as for a full timer.. you don't see them enough!

So keep it simple, a photo, a note, show you know how it links to Eyfs and move on.

Hth :D

miffy
04-03-2009, 07:44 AM
That is one of my forms but the copyright has been removed :(

There are some cheeky people out there!

Miffy xx

sue m
04-03-2009, 08:45 AM
This is the first time I've tried to attach anything - I think - so it probably won't - attach! IF it does, this is what I use. I'm sure I pinched it from someone but not you Sarah ;) so I'd like to know if anyone thinks it's ok. It's the easiest I have found for me!!!!!

sue m
04-03-2009, 08:46 AM
OMG!!!!! I think I did it!!!! :o

sarah707
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
OMG!!!!! I think I did it!!!! :o

:clapping: :clapping:

sue m
04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Thank you Sarah!!! :jump for joy: :D Bet I can't do it again. Still struggling with the new threads after being told I don't know how many times!!!!