PDA

View Full Version : I have a son now - what do I do about expenses?

vix84
17-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi, before I had Max I was Childminding - so all toys etc. went down as expenses.
I do still buy toys etc. that I wouldnt have got for Max if I hadnt of been Childminding - but can I still put 100% of it down as expenses?

madasahatter
17-02-2009, 08:27 PM
You can't put down toys as expenses if they are bought purely for your son. But any which your minded children use can go through as expenses. As my son has grown and some toys have passed from his personal belongings to toys that the mindees play with then I 'purchase' them from him (a bit like going to a car boot), keeping the values below £10 so no receipt necessary

FizzysFriends
17-02-2009, 08:28 PM
When I read the title I thought you were asking if you could be your son down as an expense :laughing:

Yes you can still put toys through even if your son plays with them.

vix84
17-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Hee Hee - Id have to put Max down as an on-going ever frowing expense:laughing:

At the moment I dont actually buy anything for Max that I put in his room just for his use - I put it all with the Childminding stuff. But I suppose as he gets older he will need his own possesions and space

peanuts
17-02-2009, 09:43 PM
had a wee laugh at the title:laughing:

miffy
17-02-2009, 09:45 PM
When I read the title I thought you were asking if you could be your son down as an expense :laughing:

Yes you can still put toys through even if your son plays with them.

I wasn't sure what you meant either!

Agree with Fizzy though

Good luck returning to the job :)

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
18-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Itry to keep some of my daughters toys seperate from the mindees toys but sometimes that's impossible because they get mixed up. I try to put all toys down as expenses apart from ones we get for xmas or birthdays. Now Rose is 2 she plays with older toys so it's easier to put down as expenses as the mindees do use them.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Max doesn't have any toys so everything is an expense but of course he has to play with the mindees to be socialable!

Mollymop
01-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Yes put all the toys you buy for minding down as expenses, so what if he like to play with them xx