PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit changes - beware

Miriam
17-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi All

Sometimes I feel like I only ever post anything when I am having a moan. I have just had my development worker round for the first time who was really helpful. But she has told me that Ofsted are now saying they wont do a prereg visit until you have done your ICP. Well, here I go again, I havent done the Early years ICP because the Local Authority had to cancel it, next one isnt until May. The LA said I could do it all independently so I have gone off and done my first aid and started to do my house, etc only to be told this!

My dev worker said I am nearly there and certainly dont need to wait until May for my inspection, she said to write my policies then I could really send off my forms. So I have spoken to Ofsted and they have said today that they would be willing to come and do my prereg but they will put in a condition on my registration that I have to do my ICP within a certain amount of time. I am just a bit worried that they will change their minds when they receive my forms! I dont want to wait until July to do my prereg as I have children waiting for me to get registered!!! May consider nannying for them for the time being - as long as I dont have them in my home for over 2 hours I think I would be ok wouldn't I?

But I really wish Ofsted would stop changing their minds regarding what is acceptable!!

Zoomie
17-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Miriam

I am not having a go at you, and Ofted are not blameless for constantly change the goal posts, but I have to say that these ''development workers'' really should get their stories straight too.

It seem in one breath you were told you couldn't apply cos you haven't done pre-reg and then you were told once you had done your policies you could ???????????

As far as I know, from the framework of the EYFS, it is a requirement to have done the ICP course within six months - which is the clause that OFsted would put on your registration ....

So do your policies, apply to Ofsted, and go on your courses as soon as you can.

Well done on getting your house inspected. I have my development worker coming next week ... see what curve ball she throws at me ... I only started this process in Sept last year, after deciding in June I wanted to do CM ...

huggableshelly
17-02-2009, 08:54 PM
popping in and being nosey!

things sure have changed since I reg in 2005.

I only attended the intro meetings and then pre-reg inspection etc
I was then allowed to start as gained my ofsted certificate with the clause of completing the ICP in 6 months and get on a first aid course as i was only covered for 2 more months.

I was to have a buddy to help with policies LOL well i didnt get a call and met my buddy 11 months later .. after my official first inspection nice one.

anyways good luck ladies, I'm sure someone will be in who can offer you support.

Adiamond
17-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi,I have done my 1st aid,I am halfway through my ICP course which i am doing home study and I am waiting for ofsted to call about my pre-reg visit.I was also told that I had to complete the course before i could send my forms off but after my 2nd visit from my co-ordinator she said that she thinks I am ready and you actally have 6 months after registration to do the course,apparently they tell you to do it before to see how dedicated you really are!!!!!
Hope this helps x x x

claire bear 72
17-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow things have certainley changed since I first registered lol
We never did ICP or any other course........we met in a college room for one evening and there was a woman there from Social services with whom we registered also....then wrote a letter to OFSTED and recieved certificate about 6 weeks later.....childminder ready lol :)

miffy
17-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Post off your forms Miriam

Good luck :thumbsup:

Miffy xx