estrelas
16-02-2009, 05:18 PM
This hadn't even occured to me yet :eek:

I need one don't i?

How did you come up with yours?
How do i find some original?

beckyteddy
16-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't think you need an official name, if you don't wan't one? I dont have a business name as such, I just use my actual name on my advertising etc.

My posters say:

Becky Iredale
Registered Childminder

And I use "Becky Iredale Childcare" for my business name if I need to put something down on a form.

I thought that people in my local area would know me by my name already, so I thought I'd go with that to start with.

peanuts
16-02-2009, 06:28 PM
i just use karen paterson childminding services in all my bumf

misst104
16-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I had this dilemma too and posted a thread asking for advice ( Whats your name and why??) Still havn't come up with anything original yet and am thinking I will do the same as the others here ie. use my name and the childminding or childminding service.

Spangles
16-02-2009, 06:51 PM
You don't have to have a business name at all, lots of childminders don't. It's just a matter of your own personal choice.

x

rickysmiths
16-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I didn't have a name for years I choose one when I did my Quality Standared Accreditation. They asked us to design a brouchure about our business and suggested we used a name. I'm not called ricky its where I live!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Annie_T
16-02-2009, 09:02 PM
This hadn't even occured to me yet :eek:

I need one don't i? no, its completely up to you... to ofsted and inland rev your be known by your name ..or numbers lol (ref numbers i mean) but its nice to have one

How did you come up with yours? my name and a loss i went thru

How do i find some original?

go by your name (first or surname or even midddle) street name, house name, area born, something that rhmes with any of these or just goes together

hope this helps

estrelas
16-02-2009, 09:08 PM
ok thank you, think i'll wait too. maybe think of one later down the line, got enough to do at the moment :)

Kerri x

Kat
17-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi, I dont have name ... I dont feel it is needed...
Kat

huggableshelly
17-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I do not have a name either I've never considered it even now I'm here its too much effot to change things and I'm lazy enough as it is.

littlethistle
17-02-2009, 09:03 PM
ive been a self employed kiltmaker for 6 years and my email addy was littlethistle so i thought "little thistles" would be a fabby name