PDA

View Full Version : Progress review

Juddster
16-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi i am new to the forum but have found it has lots of helpful info and advice and seems to be in use all the time compared to others i go on where it can be days until anyone posts anything. So i am hoping there will be someone out there able to advise me on progress reviews. I have been observing, planning and assessing for almost a year now. I had planned to write up a progress review for parents with my views and a space for them to put their comments termly. But i cant get started has anyone done these.

charlie28
16-02-2009, 01:40 PM
No I dont do those. What I do is show the parents their child's profile and then get them to fill in a questionairre and a complaints or complements sheet. Then they tell me what they want for their child and how their child is doing.

MissTinkerbell
16-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I do one, every term - last one I did was at Xmas. If you pm me with your email address I can send you a copy of the form I used. I split it into the 6 areas, used the EYFS document to record what she had achieved, added photos for each area, then added a bit about behaviour, what we had done and what we were going to do next.

sarah707
16-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Like Meggie says, keep it very simple.

A basic form in 6 parts to show achievements and progression through the 6 areas of learning and development.

Then a space for parents comments...

Then a space for the child's comments...

Keep a copy in case you don't get it back though and if parents are not keen to write their comments, ask for them verbally and write them in later.

For those who don't know, it is called a summative (summary) assessment and is a very important way of showing Ofsted that you are feeding back to parents and getting their views.

hth :D

Juddster
17-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the replies i have a sheet already set out its getting the words together. Making it flow well without just saying they can do this this and this and we are working on this. Plus its all very teacher fied. Maybe i could look at my sons reports from school and base it round them. I know the parents will like to read about their child and ofsted will obviously love it. Just feels strange i suppose. The observing and planning side i feel ok with but sending reports home is scary lol.