PDA

View Full Version : contracted days and variances

carebear25
16-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi, not registered yet but hopin 2 b really soon an will b havin my friends lo.

We originally agreed that I were going to her 3 full days with a view that sum weeks only 2 as grandma wud like to have her . Grandma has her rota a month in advance so I'l know which weeks it will be.

So with this presume contract will be written up for 3 full days with a note that sum weeks only 2.

She has rung 2 day with the following question "bored at current job so is goin 2 hopefully do sum trainin to further career so may be 4 or 5 days a week" do I just write this in2 the contract 2, she will prob know this b4 im registered.

I know im not registered yet but before she takes on this trainin she wants to make sure im ok to have her lo as she knows she will settle with me (she has tried nursery root but didnt work). Plus if it works out it will be beta for me financially and wouldnt have to worry bout fillin the spot on other days.

Also a lady at baby group that i take my lo has asked if I would like to have her lo a few days an ive said that im sure this will be ok.

They are all 15mths inc my lo, so that would take up my places for no more that 3 under school age.

Am I doing the right thing, I want to flexible but dont want to be taken for a ride bein 2 nice.

:panic:

rickysmiths
16-02-2009, 11:51 AM
It's really up to you what you agree with parents.

You dont say when you hope to be registered by. What might be a good plan would be to create an 'Interested Parents ' folder. Have a grid in the front so you can keep track of the days and hours that you have been asked for and have a sheet for each family with:

Name, Address, Phone and email
Name and date of birth of the children care is required for
Days for which care is required
Hours for which care is required
School or preschool
is it term time, and/or holidays
Have the parents already booked their holidays for 2009 When?

Any other info about the family or child special diet, religious, cultural etc

Any notes that reflect any conversations you have had so you remember what you have said!
Anything you may have discussed about fees etc.

This way you can explain that you are perhaps not in a position yet to sign contracts and make a final commitments and you can decide who and what you want to commit to. Does that make sense?
Also do be careful with friends. You don't want to loose a friendship or be taken advantage of, which isn't the same as being flexible.

I have looked after the children of lots of friends and we are all still friends and it has been a joy but I have found the key is to be as professional in my approach to them as I am to all my parents. Also be very clear about payments and hours.

With the one with the 2 and 3 day shift I would be very clear that if she required 3 days on a 2 day week it could not necessarily be available but if it was it would be charged for and not swapped because granny can help out. Likewise on a 3 day week if she doesn't use one of the days as you have reserved it for her she still has to pay you.

carebear25
16-02-2009, 11:56 AM
That does make sense thanks.

My CRB is at stage 4 so really just waiting for that. Have done 1st Aid and 4/5 Introductory Sessions. Going to do Food an Hygiene on line as no courses bein run in my area.

I'm all ready to start just the delay of CRB (they have had it 4 wks) but rang the other day and cant chase it til had it 60days.