PDA

View Full Version : planning for 8 month old

sue
15-02-2009, 09:29 PM
just a bit confused can anyone help me please done all requirments for 4 yr old, everything is up and running (l think) but still confused about what planning l need for 8 month child l have done observations and taken lots of pictures etc but not sure other than daily/ weekly routains l need to do any advice would be helpful as l have ofstead due in a few week. many thanks

sarah707
15-02-2009, 10:08 PM
For under 3s you are following their interests, offering strong and secure routines, providing resources you hope they will enjoy, taking your lead from them and their parents and enhancing their experiences with next steps :D

sue
15-02-2009, 10:15 PM
thank for reply so l do not have to do individual planning just observations although they will be involve in what l'm doing with 4 yr old

angeldelight
15-02-2009, 10:29 PM
thank for reply so l do not have to do individual planning just observations although they will be involve in what l'm doing with 4 yr old

Yes I would just do obs

Sounds like you have it all under control

Relax and have fun

Angel xx

charlie28
16-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a 11 month old that doesnt like to do anything apart from sit with me, a 17 month old that is into everything and 12 week old baby who likes to sleep. So i only plan for the 3 year old that comes and try and get the others to get involved. Its very hard.

samd35
16-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I have a 1 year old and 3 nearly 20 months year old. I plan following their interests, take lots of photos. One mindee I look after loves babies, so I have added to the buggy , now got cot, highchair, we changed babies nappy, feed baby, look at books of baby animals ( she likes books) , colouring printables of babies and baby animals.
I do find it hard at these ages and just do what I can.

Sam x

JOANNE
16-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree, i have 3 under 18 months.
The 12 month & 17month do nothing except chew everything in sight and the 18 month old does play with cars,tractors, anything with wheels.
It is VERY difficult,i find, to plan for a baby who doesn`t do much, i think i would struggle to plan for a baby who did do stuff apart from chew!!! :panic:

JOANNE
16-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Just found this
http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/taxonomy/33689/33699/0/46384

sue
16-02-2009, 09:55 PM
thanks for the replys just got a bit worried that l was not planning for 8 month but know that l am covering their needs and observing them, taking pictures and looking at their next step so hopfully ofstead will be happy with that. Be glad when call comes getting myself all worked up about inspection.

OrlandoBelle
17-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I have a 11 month old that doesnt like to do anything apart from sit with me, a 17 month old that is into everything and 12 week old baby who likes to sleep. So i only plan for the 3 year old that comes and try and get the others to get involved. Its very hard.

Charlie, how come you have 2 babies under 1? and four under 5's? Are they all at different times?

Zoemum2four
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Just found this
http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/taxonomy/33689/33699/0/46384

Thanks for sharing just what i was looking for.........:thumbsup:

Bex1
29-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hello

I too mind a 8 month old. My planning is the same each week (he is with me for just 3 hours for 2 days a week) so my planning shows continuous provisions such as treasure basket (with rough and smooth items such as soft flannel, rough sponge etc) and sensory bottles to roll, rattles and a crawl mat! He loves the treasure basket and rest of time he commando crawls, or his new thing is pulling himself up on the sofa to a standing position! Of the time he is with me he has to have bottle, sleep and tea so there is not much time for playing but I have a few things out like above and it keeps him more than happy!

Becky

helenlc
19-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hijack thread a bit - but I have a 16 month old, a 2 yr old and next month a 9 month old.

Do I not need to be doing weekly and individual planning? I am confused!!:panic:

SARAH!!!!! HELP!!!!!!