PDA

View Full Version : I cant do it

Little Pumpkins
13-02-2009, 05:17 PM
my heads about to explode

I cant do this paperwork, Im stuck all the time. I thought I had some intelliance but I dont, and being dyslexic is making everything hard cos its worse when Im stressed,

I dont have enough paperwork I dont think, dont know what the eyfs portfolio should look like, dont have the eyfs book everyone got with the dividers as never got sent one and everywhere I try get one from has run out!

My risk assessments are taking me hours! and are pages long which cant be right

and dont ask about the observations!

the only thing right is my portfolio

I could cry

Ive tried to find a list of paper work I need to do to comply but cant find one!

maybe I arnt cut out for this

sorry Im just so confused!

melanieabigail2004
13-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Have you looked on Bromley site - http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

There are lots of example policies etc as well as planning templates http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/planning, observation sheets http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/observations and assessment sheets http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/assessment.html

There are risk assessment templates - http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

Chin up - you will get there in the end!

Mel

sarah32
13-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I feel like that as well little pumpkins.

Im just mundling along.

Keep going:)

gegele
13-02-2009, 05:31 PM
breathe

get the chocolate out...!!!

if you look in the free download at the top of forum sarah put a eyfs ecm doc. i think you'll found what you want to know in there.

i did my RA in table and each room takes a pages. you're being thorouh!

chill it's friday night!:D

Little Pumpkins
13-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I got told off for looking at bromley site for policies by my early years team leader (didnt copy them just read them for ideas and of course was honest and said I did)

I guess it doesnt help that Morgans extremely mourngy today he had his injections yesterday, and bles him I feel Im neglecting him trying to keep up with paper work

miffy
13-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Take a break :)

It's the weekend and if it's stressing you out you're not going to get very far anyway.

Come back to it another day.

Miffy xx

sarah707
13-02-2009, 06:16 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting best practice advice where ever it's available.

If that means looking on the Bromley site and checking out the wording etc then writing your own then that is fine.

Nobody has the right to tell you different.

Don't forget an advisor can only advise they are not Ofsted.

Look at all the things you have achieved... once your RAs are done, that's it for a year, just plug away and get them done.

Come back to it fresh and we're here if you need advice xx

sue m
13-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Exaxtly what I was going to say. Just leave it and see to your little one, try not to think about it for a while and then go back and do one thing at a time. I was the same (still am a bit!!) and my head was full of what I had to do, just take it one thing at a time and don't be thinking ahead of what else you have to do.:thumbsup:

My inspector laughed and said yes, it's great the Bromley site isn't it, everyone used it. They're all so different.

Take a break :)

It's the weekend and if it's stressing you out you're not going to get very far anyway.

Come back to it another day.

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
13-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I have just registered and it all looks like duble dutch to me still, your not alone, sit back take a break x :thumbsup:

Carol
13-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Aim to do one a day and before you know it its done. It is a pain at first but keep going there is light at the end of the tunnel...........

Carol xx

angeldelight
13-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh poor you try not to stress

Relax at the weekend and then start again on Monday

Start with one thing and concentrate on that and try and get that first thing in order first

Take one step at a time

You do sound like you know what you doing though but maybe you are expecting to much of yourself here ?

Please dont get stressed we are here to help so if you really still need help then ask us again

Have a good weekend

Angel xx

Blaze
13-02-2009, 11:38 PM
... the eyfs book everyone got with the dividers as never got sent one and everywhere I try get one from has run out!

Chill out..it's the weekend...you'll get there!...But what is the Eyfs BOOK WITH DIVIDERS???????

watgem
15-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Our community nursery nurse has told us that we are doing way too much paperwork, more than preschools and more than we need to. She has advised us to compile the Child's learning Journey into the 6 areas of learning and development and put our "snapshot" observations done on post-it notes into each relevant section, writing a short note if they can be cross referenced in another area, and stick photos and any art work on the relevant area of learning/development also. Then do a longer observation {5 minutes top] about once a month. Hope this helps and try not to worry too much, having seen a folder from the preschool I have realised that most of us do loads more than we probably need to:)

Roseolivia
16-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm very lazy with paperwork and try to do as little as i have to. My mindees are all over 3 so i find that doing huge observations are a waste of time as they are already capable of so much. The way i do it is i keep a diary which goes home everynight with a child and i write snapshot observations in these with the links to EYFS and next steps. I find this better as the parent then sees it and it's all in one place rather than having loads of files on each child. I also have photo albums where i write links to EYFS and next steps. If i had a child who had problems or was young i would do better obs. My risk assessments are done when we go on new outings and done once in a bluemoon for in the house. I found it easier to do things one at a time then your brain doesn't go into overtime. This may be wrong to some childminders but we all do it differently and i think as long as you show that your linking activities to EYFS and have next steps for children then that is fine.

peanuts
16-02-2009, 09:27 AM
put the paperwork away for a few days de stress, go back to it afresh

hectors house
16-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I felt like you a few months ago, I was due my inspection in October and was frightened that the phone call from Ofsted was going to come and I wouldn't be ready - I was spending hours on the computer on policies and reading up on local childminders inspection reports on the internet, and waking up in the night remembering something I should have put in my risk assessments.

I now have done an action plan which I am chipping away at in stages - just made a form on computer with column for date, what I intended to complete that week, and a column at the end with the outcome.

EG: update a contract, update a policy, Accounts, download photos onto child's own CD, write up observations, add to SEF

Although the SEF has gone pear shaped after I lost my temper with it last week - and told them on the form that I didn't know what they wanted me to write and I couldn't understand how a simple 5 question evaluation previously had turned into me needing a degree in waffle. And I submitted it! Now still terrified that the phone is going to ring - on a positive note after I submitted the form I had to fill in a questionaire of what I thought of the on-line SEF - I had the satisfaction of grading it POOR in all areas!:clapping:

beckyteddy
16-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I have felt exactly the same since I registered and I just plodded along doing bits and bobs here and there and then all of a sudden I looked at everthing and realised I had done it all! One day it just sort of clicked!

I would really reccomend Sarah707's e-books and new website, she breaks everything down under really simple headings/themes and links it all to the EYFS. I've got about 5 of her books and I just read through them really slowly and then ticked off each little thing that she suggests (ie. policies, cleaning schedules, planning sheets etc.) as I worked out how to apply it to my house and my children.

You'll get there. Chin up x:)