PDA

View Full Version : Parent info pack

Ripeberry
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm thinking of doing a "prospectus" for the parents when they visit or if they call.
I was going to include details of EYFS, our daily routine, price list,details about myself and my familly/pets.
My training and qualifications and why i've registered as a childminder and also my work with the local pre-school.
Copy of my main policies (the important ones) If i gave all of them it would cost a fortune to post! :eek:
Is there anything else obvious that i've missed out?
For obvious reasons i won't send them details of my registration certificate or insurances but they can view it at my house when they come to visit and hopefully sign a contract!
I'll have a seperate booklet with my car details and one for the cats health details and worming/flea treatments
I've already used up 3 cartridges in the last 4 weeks! Printing so much!
Also is it a good idea to use high quality paper for the paperwork that gets taken away by the parents? I think i might just put all the policies on a disk instead, maybe they'll be impressed.
Sorry for all the questions!

OrlandoBelle
12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Hiya,

I think that is a great idea. I have a big folder for my portfolio wih all my certificates, insurance policies, childminding policies, sample menus, references, information on the EYFS, etc etc which I show to parents when they come round.

I also tell them not to feel pressured into reading the whole portfolio as it's so big, what with 40 odd policies in there, and tell them to have a look at my website. All my policies are on there along with information on the EYFS, fees, etc etc. Everyone has been really impressed with my website so far. It only costs me £10 a year and is a lot cheaper than buying ink for the printer.

When the parent leaves I give them one of my business cards, a magnet and a copy of my fees list, my holidays for that year and a brochure with a bit about me and my services (free from vistaprint!).

If they decide to use me I then use all my ink on all the consent forms etc! I only use Tesco value paper. It's pretty good actually and so cheap. I have thought about putting all the paperwork on a disk for parents, but they're quite expensive and not everyone has a computer. Plus asking someone to use all their ink and paper when they come to print it all out for our benefit is a bit cheeky!:)

Ripeberry
12-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Well they would not really have to print it all out as they would have the CD and they could just browse through it if they need to look it up. I'll have a look at the Tesco paper.
It's just the ink that seems to flow out so fast! :( I've finally managed to get a logo for my childminding business, do you like it? :)

OrlandoBelle
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Awww, thats really nice! Did you design and draw it yourself? You're clever. I just pinched mine off of the stationery and car magnets I got from Vistaprint! Do you have a website?

Oh, you mean your actual portfolio on a disk....yes that's a very good idea actually. They could look through it then if they forgot to ask you something when they met up with you. I thought you meant all the forms they have to fill out and consent forms!

Personally I think i'll just stick to my website as it has everything on there that my portfolio has with the exception of all my certificates. They're right at the front of my portfolio though and people see them first when they come for a visit.

xxx

Sarah Louise
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I agree, I have a portfolio that parents can look through when they come to visit all about me, qualifications, daily routines, catering, EYFS, policies, fees, certificates, copy of inspection report, sample contract, nappy info etc, old newsletters, parent evaluation forms, newspaper cutouts and risk assessments (decided not worth doing them to file away where noone ever sees them). Like Aimee I find most parents have view most of my policies on my website before they come and then if they decide to book a place I'd give them the policies booklet to take away when they fill in their contracts.

Sarah
X

rickysmiths
12-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Hiya,

I think that is a great idea. I have a big folder for my portfolio wih all my certificates, insurance policies, childminding policies, sample menus, references, information on the EYFS, etc etc which I show to parents when they come round.

I also tell them not to feel pressured into reading the whole portfolio as it's so big, what with 40 odd policies in there, and tell them to have a look at my website. All my policies are on there along with information on the EYFS, fees, etc etc. Everyone has been really impressed with my website so far. It only costs me £10 a year and is a lot cheaper than buying ink for the printer.

When the parent leaves I give them one of my business cards, a magnet and a copy of my fees list, my holidays for that year and a brochure with a bit about me and my services (free from vistaprint!).

If they decide to use me I then use all my ink on all the consent forms etc! I only use Tesco value paper. It's pretty good actually and so cheap. I have thought about putting all the paperwork on a disk for parents, but they're quite expensive and not everyone has a computer. Plus asking someone to use all their ink and paper when they come to print it all out for our benefit is a bit cheeky!:)

I wouln't be giving a list of my holidays to anyone who hadn't signed a contract, You are handing a stranger a list of dates when your house is going to be empty. I bet your insurance company wouldn't be impressed.:eek: :eek:

OrlandoBelle
12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
ooohhh. Blimey, I hadn't thought of that. I have only given it out to one lady and her daughter starts with me next week. Won't be giving it out again though!

Thanks for that! Lol. x

rickysmiths
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
ooohhh. Blimey, I hadn't thought of that. I have only given it out to one lady and her daughter starts with me next week. Won't be giving it out again though!

Thanks for that! Lol. x

I think you may have misunderstood. You have to tell your contracted mindees parents all your holidays. I meant people who come to see you but go away not signing so they have no direct relationship to you. Also I guess I wouldnt give them to a family who were not starting for a while.

OrlandoBelle
13-02-2009, 09:05 AM
I think you may have misunderstood. You have to tell your contracted mindees parents all your holidays. I meant people who come to see you but go away not signing so they have no direct relationship to you. Also I guess I wouldnt give them to a family who were not starting for a while.

I knew what you meant. The lady I gave it to signed all the papers then and there which is why I gave her my holidays. She starts on Wednesday. I don't give them to people who go away without signing. And I have booked four weeks off throughout the year for me time...not because I am neccessarily going away on holiday. Although 3 weeks of theis years holiday is being used on my wedding and honeymoon, so I will be away! Lol. :( x

Ripeberry
13-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm not that clever at drawing! lol! Same here, got some business cards from Vista print and got some posters but they were bigger than i thought (my fault for not checking, so i've had to cut them up to make smaller posters then i thought why not scan the image and use it?
Suppose i'll be in trouble with them, but it's payback for all those DAILY e-mails i get from them! :littleangel:

OrlandoBelle
13-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm not that clever at drawing! lol! Same here, got some business cards from Vista print and got some posters but they were bigger than i thought (my fault for not checking, so i've had to cut them up to make smaller posters then i thought why not scan the image and use it?
Suppose i'll be in trouble with them, but it's payback for all those DAILY e-mails i get from them! :littleangel:

Tell me about it! Lol. I must get two or three a day, but they come in handy when you actually need them. We got our Save the date cards for our wedding on there for free too!

I'm sure we're not the only ones who have pinched our logos from them. A few ppl on here have vista's logos as their avatar! Lol.