PDA

View Full Version : grading - how does it work???

taiwallis
11-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Due an inspection next week - got 3 out of 5 areas outstanding last time so Good overall! Having looked at all the recent ofsted reports for my area i have noticed that it is a different grading system with numbers 1/2/3 etc
What i want to know is do you have to get all 1's to get outstanding? NOONE in my area (so far, i have a few more reports to read) have had this since the EYFS came into force. They all have LOTS of 2's and only a couple have a couple of 1's -
If you have got OUTSTANDING (and it must be in capitals as you should be soo soo proud) is there anyone that might like to PM me to help me stop stressing!!)
xxxxx

Shar
14-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I got Outstanding in January, on the report there is a page with the areas listed and the code to the grades. I got 1's all the way down. I am abit surprised there is no other reference to the final overall grade anywhere on the report or my new certificate.

Mollymop
14-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Someone I know told me that they got a Good, I have seen her report but she got lots of 3 as well as 2's so I am not sure at all how the new system works, as you never really get an overall grade like before, do you, not unless you get all one score like all 2's, etc.

Allie
15-02-2009, 05:22 PM
My report done in October says Outstanding in all areas (actually written at the side of each area. My friend's Ofsted done in Jan says 2 next to each area with a code at the top of the page. So i think they changed, my other friend got 2 for every area except the one connected with EYFS where she got 3 and she was told she would be 3 or satisfactory over all so I don't believe there is a rule

Allie