PDA

View Full Version : Policies - what to give to parents

mumtodaniel
30-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi, just getting ready to have some mindees during the holiday and have some after schoolies starting after half term.

What I was wondering, I have now got lots of policies for everything that has been recommended, however can I only just give parents a copy of some of the policies or do I have to give them a copy of everything, just a lot of printing.

Or can I list the whole lot down, get them to sign they have read and agreed and understood, and ask them what they would like to have a copy of.

The other things is, I will get permission for emergency treatment etc, but for any other medicines etc, I presume they have to sign the NMCA booklet when a situation arises, and do not have to get written permission in advance just in case. Is this correct.

Thanks for any help

Maureen

avril
30-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi

For medicines yes the parents only have to sign consent if and when required after having filled in when and amt to be given etc.. signed at end of day.

A friend had her inspection recently told off for not giving a copy of complaint policy to parents so remember this one and ask them to sign as proof of having a copy too.

Avril:laughing:

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I give a booklet of policies and procedures precis, plus the full folder is there for reading... then they are asked to sign to confirm they've read and understood all the stuff... :D

charleyfarley
30-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I give a booklet of policies and procedures precis, plus the full folder is there for reading... then they are asked to sign to confirm they've read and understood all the stuff... :D

Ditto

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 08:28 AM

same here x

buildingblocks
31-01-2008, 08:42 PM
mine get a booklet of all my policies and sign they have seen and read them. they have no excuse then to say they haven't seen them. They get a copy of any new ones. If like now I am completely rejigging them all they get a new booklet again no excuse they haven't read and understood them.

Tily Bud
31-01-2008, 08:49 PM
i must admit i am not very good when it comes to this i have printed off all my policies but am yet to give the copies to parents :rolleyes:

manjay
31-01-2008, 08:58 PM
My parents get a full copy of all policies on signing contracts. I have made the font really small and use both sides of the paper so it doesn't take that many pieces. The parents then sign to say the have received, read and understood my policies. Personally as a parent I would prefer to have a copy to keep to refer to in the future.

amanda xx

Pipsqueak
31-01-2008, 09:49 PM
QUESTION - Policies - What to give to parents?

Answer - Your SoulNo really, when you start childminding your sell your soul to the devil - sorry that should read OFSTED:panic:

I have a large Policy Pack that I give to parents, actually its bordering on a 15th century novel - yep its that large!!! lol.

I get a signature to say that they have received, read and understood it.

buildingblocks
01-02-2008, 04:19 PM

And for any newbies the reason you do this is as we all know b:censored: y parents never read anything you give them but if they sugn they have they can't call you a liar - hope i don't sound to bitter lol:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
And for any newbies the reason you do this is as we all know b:censored: y parents never read anything you give them but if they sugn they have they can't call you a liar - hope i don't sound to bitter lol:rolleyes:

Not one iota:D

deeb66
03-02-2008, 04:37 PM
QUESTION - Policies - What to give to parents?

Answer - Your SoulNo really, when you start childminding your sell your soul to the devil - sorry that should read OFSTED:panic:

I have a large Policy Pack that I give to parents, actually its bordering on a 15th century novel - yep its that large!!! lol.

I am the same as Vik....I give them a copy and get them sign to confirm they have seen, read and understood them

tulip0803
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
In this area of Wales the childminders have been told that they have to give each parent a booklet with all their policies and then get them to sign to say they have received and read a copy. Loads of paper and ink.

deeb66
03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
In this area of Wales the childminders have been told that they have to give each parent a booklet with all their policies and then get them to sign to say they have received and read a copy. Loads of paper and ink.

Exactly!!!...some times I feel like I have cut down a rain forest!!!!

crazybones
03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Have just spent the whole day editing and printing a booklet containing 18 different policies to give to parents and then composed a covering letter for them to sign saying they have received, read and understood all the policies. My darling hubby, who has spent all day amusing my 3 boys and cooking a roast, is going to photocopy 10 copies in work tomorrow so I will have loads in stock. I am still in my PJ's, no shower and no sign of a hairbrush but have a nice glass of red (from bottle stored in the locked shed obviously in case Ofsted are listening) and a lovely roast to look forward too.

Annie x

sarah707
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Have just spent the whole day editing and printing a booklet containing 18 different policies to give to parents and then composed a covering letter for them to sign saying they have received, read and understood all the policies. My darling hubby, who has spent all day amusing my 3 boys and cooking a roast, is going to photocopy 10 copies in work tomorrow so I will have loads in stock. I am still in my PJ's, no shower and no sign of a hairbrush but have a nice glass of red (from bottle stored in the locked shed obviously in case Ofsted are listening) and a lovely roast to look forward too.

Annie x

Very well done you! You deserve your roast and glass of wine - which I am sure tastes nicer for being in a cold garage! :laughing: