PDA

View Full Version : Well I done it

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 09:33 PM
can't say I was much cop at it but I guess everything improves with practice.

Yes I done a 20 minute segment of tutoring tonight for the ICP - talking about routines and encouraing the students (hey get me.... how professional is that calling them students lol) to feedback etc.

OMG, (forgive me please Pauline), I nearly pooped myself, I gabbled the first the bit, felt myself go red and have a hot flush, when I had to scribe I wrote so small you would have thought you needed a sight test but at least you couldn't see where my brain deserted me and forgot how to spell! lol

Towards the end of it I was actually enjoying it and getting quite into the flow.... looking forward to my segment next week.

I just keep having nightmares that 12 people are going to fail their ICP because of the crap trainee tutor (me! lol)

DudleyChildmind
05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Well done for doing that. I find it very hard to stand up and talk in front of people :blush:

LOOPYLISA
05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Me to well done x :thumbsup:

sarah707
05-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I bet you did a great job! :clapping:

michellethegooner
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
ah well done hun but I'm sure you did a great job :clapping:

Twinkles
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey go you :clapping:

Glad you enjoyed it ( in the end ) I'm sure that if you give them as much support as you give everyone on here they'll fly through the exam.

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Aww thank you guys:blush: :blush: you are really kind:)

cheeky monkeys
05-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Ooh Pips...........Well done!!
I remember my first course I tutored,so nervous and I was so pleased that I only had one referal....Last 2 courses got 100% pass. It is so rewarding passing on the info we have gained.
Seeing all your posts on here I bet you did a fantastic job. The more you do the more confident you will be.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

cheeky monkeys
05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Forgot to say I love tutoring, Hope you will to. XXXXX

angeldelight
05-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Well done Pip

I would not have liked to have done that

Angel xx

Buzz Lightyear
05-02-2009, 11:21 PM
They wont fail silly. I'm sure you did a great job! Well done you :thumbsup:

emler
06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
:clapping: well done Pip :clapping:

Mollymop
06-02-2009, 07:30 AM
That's great well done!!:clapping:

Polly2
06-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Well done hun - you are so brave :clapping:

Nix
06-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Well done Pip:clapping:

I could never do that...

Nix,x

Bushpig
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Well done!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

ajs
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
well done from me too pip

my friend has gone from minder to pla tutor and i love going to trainings she's giving so i can heckle her

the moral of this story is watch out for so called friends

breezy
06-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Well done Pip, I'm quite gobby (you might have noticed) but i hate speaking in front of large groups, you're brave and you sound like you got into the swing of it beautifully.

why dont you invite us over and practice on us, we wouldnt give you any trouble :littleangel:

jibberjitz
07-02-2009, 08:36 PM
can't say I was much cop at it but I guess everything improves with practice.

Yes I done a 20 minute segment of tutoring tonight for the ICP - talking about routines and encouraing the students (hey get me.... how professional is that calling them students lol) to feedback etc.

OMG, (forgive me please Pauline), I nearly pooped myself, I gabbled the first the bit, felt myself go red and have a hot flush, when I had to scribe I wrote so small you would have thought you needed a sight test but at least you couldn't see where my brain deserted me and forgot how to spell! lol

Towards the end of it I was actually enjoying it and getting quite into the flow.... looking forward to my segment next week.

I just keep having nightmares that 12 people are going to fail their ICP because of the crap trainee tutor (me! lol)

Well done you!!! I know how scary it is as I teach hairdressing (part-time) at a local college and can remember my first ever class where I babbled and stuttered the whole time!!!! It gets better hun :laughing:

Liz

Tatia
08-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Pip! I had no idea you were going to tutor ICP!!!:clapping: Well done, you clever clogs. I'd love to do that.

You'll be great. You're so supportive and helpful on here I can see that would be fantastic in real life in the classroom. So long as you don't expect your students to give themseles a blokey name and pretend to be at the pub with you!:laughing: You might raise some eyebrows then, hehe.

Allie
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I have been tutoring for the last four years and really enjoy the contrast with teaching children.

At present finishing my cert ed and thats not much fun is anyone else doing it?

Allie