PDA

View Full Version : Trio free help with paperwork

clare123
05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I had a meeting with trio, they came and went through a chq list of my paperwork. My questions were, do parents need to sign the register, she said its a good idea but not essential, my filing cabinet is not locked, she said its your home, what if your details of children were in there and i was out cold no one could get to them. Ofsted are hot on risk assessments, all policies need to be signed by us and parents, need the date and review date. Check through EYS and any thing that says MUST is a legal requirement. Talk to them as much as poss and explain why you have done certain things if you disagree then say why. If you mind older children register o the voluntry register of ofsted. Hope this helps anyone im new so found it very interseting.:panic:

rickysmiths
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
It is good practice to get the parents to sign your register and if you start at the beginning the parents won't know any other way. Mine always sign and often remind me on a Friday!!!!

It is good to do for 2 reasons:

A Safeguarding Children point of view, you are recording exactly when the child is in your care and the parent is confirming this by signing.

Also if ever there was a dispute with a parent over payments you have a record of the hours late collection, early deliveries missed days extra days you may have done and again the parent has signed to confirm.

If you are a member of NCMA the legal dept may ask for a copy of your register depending on the help you are asking for.

Hope this helps.

clare123
05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry im not saying that you shouldn't get them to sign the register at all. I still get them to sign at the end of each week. Just pointing out that alot of info that gets misunderstood and communication between Ofsted and Trio/ncma is not good enough. They sometimes completely controdict each other, so I always go with ofsted.:)

donnadoo2004200
05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I had an inspection on Monday this week and she asked to look at the register to make sure it was signed by parents, she siad it was a legal requirement the exact time they arrive and leave and safeguarding children to prove when they are with you or not.

Lick'le Oakes
05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi can anyone explain what Trio is please as i have never come across it yet.

singlewiththree
06-02-2009, 07:26 AM

LOL I was just going to ask too, I thought they were speaking a different language.

Debster
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Why do parents need to sign policies? As far as Iam concerned childminders are not required to have written policies unde the new EYFS stat framework.:panic:

Kelly
09-02-2009, 02:38 PM

There has been another thread about this recently, but TRIO are the training providers for the Network/Quality Assurance in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Devon. They are responsible for all the training courses courses for childminders in these areas as well.

Kelly

rickysmiths
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Debster, thats right but Ofsted look for evidence that you are doing various things and having Policies is a good way to provide them with evidence.

If you have Policies it is good practice to review them regularly and again in order to demonstrate this you put a review date on them.

Parents signing them and agreeing that they have read, understood and agree to the policies means that you are showing Ofsted that the parents have recieved the Polices but it also protects you.

You only have to read a lot of the threads on the forum to see the problems many of us have with parents. If they have agreed to your policies eg late payment or sickness and there is an issue at least you have set the ground rules so to speak.

Monkey1
09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I have a seporate sheet that i get the parents to sign to say they have recieved a copy of my policy pack and they have read and understood it. If thats not enough.....tough

Chatterbox Childcare
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I have a seporate sheet that i get the parents to sign to say they have recieved a copy of my policy pack and they have read and understood it. If thats not enough.....tough

I am with you on this and each of my policies are listed with version numbers. I have too many to get all parents to sign - I will when Ofsted start paying for the paper and printing

Jules12Wed
10-03-2009, 02:22 PM

This is what I do too.

Allie
10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
I do the same as monkey and Ofsted were happy with that, they actually said the only policy they need to see you have is a complaints one and this must show clear links to the EYFS statutory framework all other policies just help them and parents understand what you do

Allie

tammys-tots
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I had a meeting with trio, they came and went through a chq list of my paperwork. My questions were, do parents need to sign the register, she said its a good idea but not essential, my filing cabinet is not locked, she said its your home, what if your details of children were in there and i was out cold no one could get to them. Ofsted are hot on risk assessments, all policies need to be signed by us and parents, need the date and review date. Check through EYS and any thing that says MUST is a legal requirement. Talk to them as much as poss and explain why you have done certain things if you disagree then say why. If you mind older children register o the voluntry register of ofsted. Hope this helps anyone im new so found it very interseting.:panic:
when i had my inspection she asked if i kept it locked and i said "yes", she said "GOOD", so took that to mean we are ment to!

miffy
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM

I do the same!

There's enough paperwork for parents to sign without adding to it.

Miffy xx