PDA

View Full Version : Registering fee?

Saranotts
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
When you take on new mindees do you charge a registering fee and if so how much?

I have never done so before but do sometimes look at the amount of paperwork and think that perhaps I should, especially for short term contracts.

Many thanks

Sara

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
No registering fee and I haven't heard of it before. All costs come out of my income.

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Never heard of it before. I certainly don't do one.

rickysmiths
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
This has been a thread earlier this week.
Some Nurseries charge a registration fee.

Childminders charge Deposits.eg I take a 4 weeks fee deposit when the contract is signed. I then keep this until the end of the contract and use it for the last 4 weeks fees. This then means that if there any late payments or a family disappears without paying I have money in hand.

A Retainer is paid if a parent wants a place you have, but they dont want to use yet.eg you have a space now but the parent doesn't want to start until 4th March. You would charge (normally1/2 fee) until then because you couldnt give it to anyone else.:thumbsup:

I charge 50p per hour more for any contracts of less than 20hrs a week, this helps off set any slightly higher set up costs.

miffy
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
No, I don't do charge a registration fee although I can see where you're coming from

Miffy xx

Saranotts
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks for your replies, I've got a lady who wants me to have her baby twice a week for 3 hours a time while her other children are at nursery and so that she can go to the gym but it will only be until May when she goes back to work. So I was getting all my paperwork together and thought, what a lot of work and outlay for a short term contract! So I thought I would ask the question. I think I may do as advised and just charge her a bit extra per hour.

Many thanks

Sara

P.s. Plus I suppose with the baby being only 4 months old, I could leave out the Trampoline, playing out unsupervised and skipping rope permission forms:)