PDA

View Full Version : hello all

becky55555
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
hi all

im new to the forum , my names becky, im a childminder and playgroup assistant.
im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on a activity to do with a small group of 4 year olds, the activity need to involve musical instuments, i wanna do something to really get their attention!! i have music and thought of singing, just looking for any other exciting ideas!!?
cheers

nannysue
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
We sing and play instruments to Humpty Dumpty, starting very very quietly and the music gets louder and louder as he falls off the wall. Hope iv'e explained that ok :panic: (I can hear it in my head:D )

helenlc
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I went to a course the other weekend (nothing better to do!!) and the lady there did a game with the instruments.

She gave every child one instrument and then asked them to play their instrument in response to her insructions. So she would say Play your instrument in you are wearing red, play your instrument if you have laces in your shoes etc.

We did it as a demonstration and it worked really well - esecially when she said Play your instrument if you want your lunch!!!

It was speech and language development course and was to encourage listening skills in the children.

miffy
03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi Becky and welcome to the forum

Sounds like you're going to have some fun (and maybe a headache after!) :)

Miffy xx

Carol
03-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Good Luck and put some cotton wool in your ears:laughing: :laughing:
Could do weather sounds, animal sounds or walking, running, tiptoeing.
Carol xx

angeldelight
03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum

hope to chat soon

Angel xx