PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me work out the logistics of this please?

Willowdancer
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I've been offered a very temporary minding job (2 days) but can't work out if I can do it or not!

Here's the info:

I have three of my own children aged 6, 4 and 4.

I currently only have one mindee on my books - an under-5 that I drop off at to school (have him from 8am to 9am and that's it.)

My certificate (which obviously already takes into account the ages of our own children) says I can have:
No more than 3 under 8, of which not more than 1 under 5.

The enquiry I've had has been for a nearly-2 and nearly-9 year old, from 9am to 5pm.

Going by the nice confusing line on my certificate I don't have to worry about the over 8?

To make matters worse, my MPV is still off the road :mad: so there's the problem of being able to fit everybody into a car to deal with too. Luckily we have two other roadworthy cars (the MPV is supposed to be replacing one of them, if it ever gets up and running.)

This is what I plan to do:

My husband runs his own business from home, and has said he will arrange to be available on the two days I will need his help. He is not registered as a minder but obviously had to be CRB checked so he will use one of our working cars to take our own children to school and nursery.

I will then use the other car to take the rest out and about with me.

Will that work? Its the initial journey in the morning that is causing me a headache, as once I drop off my other mindee I don't have to worry about him for the rest of the day. I could do with the extra cash at the mo :(

rickysmiths
02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
It looks as if it should work in terms of numbers.

The best way to be sure is to draw a grid of the days of the week and divide each day into am/pm and a box for before and after school.

Fill in the boxes with children you have at different times incl your own. Using a diff colour for each age group?

You could keep this and use it as a quick ref when you have an enquiry.:jump for joy:

Tatjana
02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes the numbers will work out just fine!

BTW, the school boy you have, if he's in full time education he should be classed as an over 5 anyway.

xx

Daftbat
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds completely fine to me.

I agree that putting things down on paper normally makes things come in to focus better than trying to do it in my head.

Sounds like your other half is a good 'un if he is helping you out too!

:laughing:

Willowdancer
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks all! I have replied with a yes to that then :) Wahey, I'll be able to keep going to jazz/tap dance lessons for a bit longer :clapping:

I am doing a timetable at the mo - let me just check I've got this right, given the certificate wording and taking our own children into account:

In the mornings I can have one more under 5, as two of our children only go to nursery and stay for the funded sessions.

After school (pick up/3.30pm until 6pm) and school holidays I can have:

1 other under 5 years, plus 2 x 5-8 years

OR

3 x 5-8 years

Have I missed any obvious combinations? Also, what is the restriction on over 8s (not that I'm planning on having loads of them here)?

madasahatter
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
The restrictions on over 8's should be stated on your insurance certificate. If it's an NCMA one then you can have up to 6 children in the 8 to 16 yr age bracket.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I have read your post and think after reading between the lines tht you have
1 space. Am I right in assuming

1 mindee and 1 under 5 - that leaves you 1 under 8 space which could be the nearly 2 year old and the 9 year old doesn't count

I would say yes you can and you would still have one space once you drop off at 9am