PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents for parents - ideas!

Rasharoon
30-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I currently mind an 8 year old girl and her 4 year old sister. It is their Mum's birthday soon (Valentines Day). I've asked them to make a card but what can we make as a present? I've did the 'kiss in a box', picture frame and calendar at Christmas yet thought it would be nice for them to make something. We don't have time for something intricate but I've asked the eldest and she keeps saying 'dunno'.
Any ideas (for Dad's as well).
Thanks

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 10:54 AM
What about these sweets

With nice easy instructions for the kids to watch

http://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough.sch.uk/previews/peppermint.htm

Angel xx

sarah707
30-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I do either hand prints (so they can compare with last year!), foot prints (same) or photos... parents love any number of these :D

Minnie Minx
30-01-2008, 11:00 AM
i would go with the sweet idea, peppermint creams, stuffed marzipan, melted chocolate covered raisins or nuts, very quick to do and very yummy to eat

xxx

Rasharoon
30-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Angel - Great minds think alike as I thought of these already. Problem I have is, Mum doesn't each sweets/chocolate!! My brain which is tuned into chocolate still hasn't worked this out. When I've made chocolatey things with her children before, they would still have them 3 days later. In my house, gone in 3 seconds - hence why I'm a bit stuck on ideas.
Thanks as ever though.

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh ok I have some more things somewhere I will have a look

xx

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Foot Flower Coursage

What You Need:
Paint
Paper
What You Do:
Paint the ball of the child's foot and let them put it on paper. They can then add a stem and what other decoration they choose to add to the flower. .

Paper Plate Daisy For Mom

What You Need:
Paper Plates
Yellow Paper
Paint
Glue
What You Do:
Give your children paper plates. Have them cut out petals from the yellow paper and then attach them around the paper plate. This is a cute gift for your moms

Tea Bag Gift

What You Need:
Paper
TeaBags
What You Do:
Have your children draw and then cutout a teapot from a piece of paper. Have them decorate the teapot anyway that they choose. Attach this to a second piece of paper folded in half (to form a card).

Then on the inside of the card write:

I know that you love me and enjoy being with me.
But sometimes I am rowdy, and busy as a bee.
If you get discouraged, take a gift from me
Prepare the bag inside this card, relax with your hot tea!

Rasharoon
30-01-2008, 11:10 AM
They are fantastic ideas. Exactly type of thing I was looking for.
Thank you so much.
x

fionamal
30-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I get the kids to make Potpourri Bags for the mums and we make bunches of paper flowers as well.

netty
09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
In the past we have made bath crystals/bombs.
You need:
Washing soda crystals
Food colouring
Perfume
Baby food jar and felt shapes to stick on or circle of material and ribbon
Mix the crystals with food colouring and perfume place in :

Baby food jar with felt shapes stuck on for bath crystals or Circle of material and ribbon for bath bomb.