PDA

View Full Version : Another enquiry UPDATE Mum has been

berkschick
30-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Im going great guns this week, I have had 5 enquirys!

Unfortunately I can only help with one.

Its for a 5 year old who is at my sons school. He is currently in the before and after school club but has recently been diagnosed with asthma so Mum wants him to go to someone with asthma experience which I have due to DD having it.

She is coming round tonight at 5.30pm. He would start after half term if she signs up!

I will need to be VERY clear about fees though, she is a foreign lady and the conversation was quite hard. Although the after school club expects fees in advance too.

Banana
30-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Thats great Debbie!

Good luck!

x

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Good luck Debbie

Hope it goes ok

Keep us posted

Angel xx

miffy
30-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Great news Debbie

Hope you get it

And yes with my recent experience make sure you are very clear about the fees and when you expect payment

Miffy xx

fionamal
30-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Thats great news! Send some enquiries up here as its dead.

Now got no kids at all as my last wee girl I had 3 days per week, her mums just been paid off so I have loads of time on my hands and no money coming in.

might have to look at getting a part time job if nothing happens soon.

berkschick
30-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh no, Im really sorry you have lost your mindee :( I hope it picks up again soon for you.

Just had a thought, I never mentioned about the cats, maybe I should have done with him having asthma. Although it does say we have cats on CIS which is where she got my number from.

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Fiona hope it picks up soon for you

xx

Mollymop
30-01-2008, 12:07 PM
That's great news Debbie, i must say you are doing well with all these enquiries.
Good luck for tonight, I hope it all works out well.

Debbie, do the parents tell you where they got your number from? Just wondering what is working the best for you when it comes to advertising. Thanks

berkschick
30-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I always ask them Sandra cause Im nosy lol

I have had calls from CIS, local paper shop, Netmums and Gumtree. Nothing from Asda advert but it wasnt there this morning so that could be why! My car has tinted windows so no point putting an ad there.

berkschick
30-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Mum came round but left her DS in the car with hubby which I thought was odd to start with. Then she told me her son was missing lots of school as he gets ill with his asthma and she wanted a childminder so that he could be looked after when he was off school without her missing work! It turns out the poor child has only been in the UK for 3 weeks and hardly peaks any english. The parents sent him to live with Grandma in India to help his asthma but now he is in school he has come to join his parents.

Mum said she will ring me tomorrow but I think it will be a no and to be honest Im not sure it is something I am ready to take on just yet.

She said how well behaved my children were and and said she really liked the house and what I could offer but was concerned about the cats.

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh well sounds like you are getting lots of calls anyway Debbie so if this does not work out I am sure something else will turn up

Keep us posted though

Angel xx

Spangles
30-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Would that mean that she basically would have to pay for a fulltime space in case he is off sick so you would have to set a place aside for him so you are available?

Rubybubbles
30-01-2008, 09:09 PM
your not there to look after him when he's sick surely (am I reading wrong??)

I always forget to say I've got pets:o

And I always ask where they got my phone number from and take theirs incase of any future chances ;)

berkschick
30-01-2008, 09:15 PM
He is 5 so wouldnt be taking anyones space up.

I just get the feeling I would be used left right and centre.

I dont want to be looking after a sick child when I have 3 other little ones here, its not what it is about!

Im thinking up reasons to say no when she calls tomorrow!

Rubybubbles
30-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Just say NO :laughing: say how you don't feel you can meet her needs or something

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 09:15 AM
well done on lots of enquiries :)

I'd tell me if she rings and says she wants you that after carefull consideration you feel you are unable to provide the level of care that he son will need and it would encrouch upon your care for the other children you mind for.

let us know what happens xxx

berkschick
31-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Good idea Susan.

Having slept on it, I have decided that I do not want to take this child on.

I would worry about him needing lots of care and me not coping. I can handle asthma but if he is that bad with it and needs hospital care then thats where he should be. Maybe Mum should reduce hours at work to be there for him, I think that would be the best solution then the poor boy is getting the right care from the right person.

ajs
31-01-2008, 09:23 AM
shame it didn't work out debbie but i think you're going to be busy enough without taking on this boy

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Good idea Susan.

Having slept on it, I have decided that I do not want to take this child on.

I would worry about him needing lots of care and me not coping. I can handle asthma but if he is that bad with it and needs hospital care then thats where he should be. Maybe Mum should reduce hours at work to be there for him, I think that would be the best solution then the poor boy is getting the right care from the right person.

I totally agree especially in the circumstances, only been here 3 weeks been living in india with family its a wonder henows who his mum and dad are !!! poor love xxx

berkschick
31-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Mum emailed me this evening to say that she wouldnt be leaving her son with me as she is concerned about the cats affecting him. I totally agree and think she has made the right decision and it saves me explaining why I couldnt take him on anyway!

Lucky escape me thinks :D

emler
31-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Phew!!!! That makes things easier for you Debbie. Bet you're relieved

Emler x

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Mum emailed me this evening to say that she wouldnt be leaving her son with me as she is concerned about the cats affecting him. I totally agree and think she has made the right decision and it saves me explaining why I couldnt take him on anyway!

Lucky escape me thinks :D

:phew: xxxx

Spangles
31-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Sound like it's all worked out for the best!

Hope you get another enquiry soon!

Banana
31-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Good that you didnt have to say no! Its best she emailed and said about the cats!!

On with the next enquiry then!
x

deeb66
03-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Glad it all worked out in the end.

Hope you are still getting loads of calls?