PDA

View Full Version : Your own children on outings?

singlewiththree
31-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Can you claim to get your own children in on outings? If I wasn't childminding I wouldn't take my children to some of the places I am planning for the Feb half term. I'm only minding 2 children and the other 3 are mine so I'm going to be working for nothing if I pay my children in too.

madasahatter
31-01-2009, 07:10 AM
No you can't claim for your own children unfortunately. It does say something in the ncma handbook I think but I can't find my copy.

Daftbat
31-01-2009, 07:11 AM
I have always assumed that i couldn't claim for my own kids but that i could claim any fees for myself, theory being that i had to be there but my own kids may not have to be. May be wrong - hope i am as would be nice to increase some of my expenses and get my tax bill down a bit for next year!

Hebs
31-01-2009, 08:42 AM
But didn't someone say yesterday that they claimed for costs relating to their own children?

crazybones
31-01-2009, 08:44 AM
But didn't someone say yesterday that they claimed for costs relating to their own children?

That might have been toys. I claim for part of my 3 year olds toys because 2 other children play with (and break :rolleyes: ) them but you cant claim for entrance fees for your own children but you can for yourself.

Hebs
31-01-2009, 08:46 AM
No they said they claimed for meals on outings and stuff

crazybones
31-01-2009, 08:55 AM
This is what is says in NCMA handbook

Trips and Outings
Costs for trips and outings, including the cost of entry to visitor attractions, can be claimed if they are provided as part of your service. You can claim entry costs for yourself and the children you look after.

Hebs
31-01-2009, 01:51 PM
:panic: i can't find the post now