PDA

View Full Version : Children's digital camera advice please.

Stanfield
30-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure where else to post this, but it is an activity so guessed around here somewhere!

I am looking at buying one of the new children proof digital cameras for my under 3's.

However, I have read some pretty apauling reviews about them and wondered if anyone on here has one?

I thought that maybe as a childminder you would have different expectations and uses for this camera than a parent as we have to provide the use of ICT for OFSTED etc and being with children all day you may get more use out of it, therefore feel it is more value for money?

I am being hopeful here as I would really like to get one!

I have mainly been looking at the Vtech kiddizoom and the fisher price kidditough (the waterproof one).

Any thoughts please?

Lucy

crazybones
30-01-2009, 01:24 PM
This is the one I want. I asked for 3 on the Capital Grant until they changed the criteria. Now I have to save up. :rolleyes:

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR826817

FizzysFriends
30-01-2009, 02:13 PM
We have a Kiddizoom and the kids love it, the best feature (according to the kids) is the hats/noses/horns etc that you can add to the pictures.

But the pictures are rubbish quality if you want to print them out.

I have to say it does get dropped and looks like new still.

Stanfield
30-01-2009, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=FizzysFriends;322200]We have a Kiddizoom and the kids love it, the best feature (according to the kids) is the hats/noses/horns etc that you can add to the pictures.

I would be printing them out to show the childrens work such as what they have done on a trip or how they have spent their day etc - obviously I dont expect the results of an adult camera (I would be using mine also) but would the photo be good enough to show their experiences to parents?

How old are the children that use yours?

Lucy

RainbowMum
30-01-2009, 02:33 PM
We have both - the kiddizoom my own 2 have and I have just been given a fisher price one by the childrens centre! The kiddizoom is much much better value for money as it has games and special effects on as well - the fisher price only takes pictures. Yes pic quality is poor but for the under 3's they only really take pics of the floor and sky anyway! for the older children I would suggest a cheap ordinary digi camera for taking on trips etc.

FizzysFriends
30-01-2009, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=FizzysFriends;322200]We have a Kiddizoom and the kids love it, the best feature (according to the kids) is the hats/noses/horns etc that you can add to the pictures.

I would be printing them out to show the childrens work such as what they have done on a trip or how they have spent their day etc - obviously I dont expect the results of an adult camera (I would be using mine also) but would the photo be good enough to show their experiences to parents?

How old are the children that use yours?

Lucy

The kids are between 2-6. We also have a regular digital camera for the kids but it never gets used.

If you want I can mail you a pic and you can print it and see if you are happy with the quality.

Stanfield
30-01-2009, 05:32 PM
We have both - the kiddizoom my own 2 have and I have just been given a fisher price one by the childrens centre! The kiddizoom is much much better value for money as it has games and special effects on as well - the fisher price only takes pictures. Yes pic quality is poor but for the under 3's they only really take pics of the floor and sky anyway! for the older children I would suggest a cheap ordinary digi camera for taking on trips etc.

I thought the kiddizoom looked more value but then the fisher price one is water proof-not that i want to use it in the water, but just incase it got dropped in a puddle etc... has this ever happened to your kiddizoom?

Stanfield
30-01-2009, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs Bradley;322205]

The kids are between 2-6. We also have a regular digital camera for the kids but it never gets used.

If you want I can mail you a pic and you can print it and see if you are happy with the quality.

That would be great, thanks!

My email is lucymais@yahoo.com