PDA

View Full Version : Registration Inspection

Alexandra1
29-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Ofsted have announced that the are comming to do my inital inspection on the 9th Feb. I have no paperwork or policies in place as I am not yet minding and I am unsure what I need to have for this visit. Could anyone offer me some advice?

tammerisk
29-01-2009, 01:43 PM
if it is the same as when i had my first inital inspection all you have to do is show what you are going to do and then when they come again so long as you have done that you will be fine.

my inspector today restored my faith in ofasted and reasured me that they not scarey dragons and are just there to help us.

tomthumb
29-01-2009, 01:47 PM
You need to show that your house is safe and ok for minding. ou don't have to have everything in place but you need to show them that you have thought of possible dangers (stairgates, plug covers...)
As long as you know what you have to do and you show them that you know, I think it's fine.
My pre-reg inspector was lovely and we chatted about books for ages!!! We liked the same author!
Don't worry, you'll be fine

Elodie XX

yolande
30-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I am having my inspection in the next 5 min and I am very very scared:panic: I hope all goes well and if there is any one out there that had their visit in the last week please let me know how it went

sarah707
30-01-2009, 10:58 AM
I am having my inspection in the next 5 min and I am very very scared:panic: I hope all goes well and if there is any one out there that had their visit in the last week please let me know how it went

You'll be fine!

Remember to ask all your questions.

Let us know how you get on :D

jibberjitz
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck and let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

Liz