PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding policy

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 10:55 AM
i would be very grateful if anyone could help me with this policy.

I have looked on bromley but i dont like it and wondered if somone had another one i could have a look at.

I understand i need to include phone numbers of LA's safeguarding children line, SS, police, etc and also include what i would do if an allegation was made about myself or my family.

much appreciated if you can help!

mrs c
29-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Same here. I too have looked at the Bromley site and feel their policy is not detailed enough. Have looked elsewhere and struggling to find a good policy for this so help would be appreciated. :o

sparkibobs
29-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi
Ofsted said this was a very strong Safeguarding Policy, got it from my workshops, You will need to change of the relevant phone numbers and address. 2043
Hope this helps
Debs
x

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Thats very kind of you. Much more detailed as i was trying to get but failing!

Thank you !!!

Polka Dots
29-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I feel like my brain is about to explode due to policy overload. :eek: :laughing:

Should I have a Child Protection policy and a Safeguarding Children policy or are they the same thing? Do I just pick one to use?

Claire

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 11:41 AM
i thought ( though i could be wrong!) that it used to be called child protection and now under EYFS it should be called safeguarding children.

Could someone help us and verify this?

sarah707
29-01-2009, 01:19 PM
i thought ( though i could be wrong!) that it used to be called child protection and now under EYFS it should be called safeguarding children.

Could someone help us and verify this?

Yes that's right!

The one Sparkibobs has uploaded is very good. You do need to think about what you would do if a child made an allegation against you, a member of your family or a visitor to your home... how would you react? Who would you tell? What would happen to the child while it was being investigated? What would happen if you were closed down? would you take the child back if it was all unproven at a later date? That sort of thing...

There is quite a nice one on the Ncma website in the downloads section :D

Polka Dots
29-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for clarifying it. :thumbsup:

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Sarah!:thumbsup:

sparkibobs
29-01-2009, 02:20 PM
OOooops sorry if I caused any confusion, I had changed the one printed off for in my file but not saved the changes on my computer, derr!!!!:blush:
x

Ripeberry
29-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that dowload. Very usefull and not long winded like mine was!
Under EYFS is has to say "Safeguarding children". You could just mention that it used to be known as child protection.

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 02:28 PM
OOooops sorry if I caused any confusion, I had changed the one printed off for in my file but not saved the changes on my computer, derr!!!!:blush:
x

no problem -we got what you meant xxx

mrs c
29-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks Sparkibobs. If its ok I think I will adapt and use yours. It lists the points needed without being too confusing. :thumbsup:

Zoemum2four
29-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks sparkibobs, Just had a look at ur safeguarding policy, to the point and not as long winded as mine....... :)