PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio & something about me (the childminder)

Pixie26
29-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Hello all,

I have just had a look through my portfolio. It looks soooo bare!!!:blush:
I have allmy policies in there, my fees and all the certificates. What else do you put into it. Would like some suggestions please.
Also what do you write about you?? I really have no Iidea where and how to start.
Would somebody be abletoshow me what you have wirtten?? please??!!:blush:

Also... mum has signed a long permission form. I put all my permissions on one long sheet of paper and mum ticked the ones that I can do and signed at the bottom.
One of them is publishing pics of her kids on my (not yet finished) website. Do I still have to write her a new permission slip just for that, even though she already signed the long list? Hope I make sense here???:laughing: (very tired after a very late night and in a rush to get ready for mindees to turn up)

Think thats it... may have some more questions later

Thank you all
Pixie xxxx

melanieabigail2004
29-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Attached the front cover of my portfolio so you can see what I include:

Mel

Polka Dots
29-01-2009, 11:24 AM
We talked about Portfolio's last night during our training session. I'm still unsure about what to do, so I'm glad I came across your thread Pixie.

I like the idea of including the It's Child's Play EYFS booklet for parents. Where do we get them from?

FizzysFriends
29-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I have a parents folder and in that (from memory as im at the office) I have:

In not particular order:

About me, my family and my home
Pet treatment record sheet
Policies
Permissions
Procedures
Access Audit
Childminder Poem
Info on claiming childcare costs (printed off hmrc website)
EYFS leaflet (printed off internet)
Sample menus
Some info on Ofsted (again printed off their website)
101 ways to praise a child (off bromley)
Infection disease list
Useful phone numbers
House rules
Childminder and Childrens behaviour agreements

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

snowbunny
29-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Fizzy, what does your Pet Treatment Record Sheet record? Sorry if that sounds silly...just interested because I have a cat :)

FizzysFriends
29-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Fizzy, what does your Pet Treatment Record Sheet record? Sorry if that sounds silly...just interested because I have a cat :)

Its a form (quite general so I didn't have to do one for each type of treatment) that I have put on her treatment (because I do most of it myself), so I have worm treatment, flea treatment, a bit about the precauctions I took when she was in season (hygiene reasons and because dogs can change behaviour and get grumpy) (like me,lol), also her annual boosters that just say when they took place when they are due again and where to find the vets card that lists the injections she had.

rickysmiths
29-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I include all the things above plus:

A copy of my latest Ofsted Report (with the reg number covered)
A copy of my reg Cert.(with the reg number covered)
A copy of my Public Liability Insurance Certificate (with my reg number covered)
Copy of all the CRBs for family and my emergency careers
Photographs of my emergency carers
Any letters of recommendation from previous parents
First Aid cert for me and my hubby and my daughter
All my other training is in a seperate folder.
A short page confirming I have suitable car insurance and with whom the policy is and confirming that I always keep tax and MOT up to date and have the car servied regularly.
Details of the range of car seats I use.

A short description of the range of indoor and outdoor toys and equipment I have and the kind of craft and other activities I do.

A list of places I often go on outtings eg Local farms childminding group.

This should increase the bulk of your folder!!!!!
As you accumulate examples of childrens work you can add that along with photographs.

For someone new what about popping out and taking some photos of the places you are goiing to visit.?:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
29-01-2009, 12:23 PM
oops, I also have my certificates in except reg certificate which is framed and on display as required. Also car insurance and MOT documents.

sparkibobs
29-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi
There are The Every Child Matters Inserts but the file is too big for me to upload. Think they are available on the Bromley website
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/
:D
x