PDA

View Full Version : Will i be inspected ?

loobyloo168
28-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering,

My only mindee wil be 5 July and attends school full time. I have her 3 times a week for 4 hours (1500 - 1900), will i be inspected if i only have her ?

Also, i received my token for SEF but cant access it, is it ok to print it off from the link on here and use it that way. Will i struggle to fill it in if i only have this one mindee ?

Sorry im just really anxious as iv been registered 6 months in February ?

Claire..
28-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi..
It's interesting that you should mention this as I only child mind occasionally, mostly during the holidays and sometimes in the week, but not at all regularly. I think that you will get inspected and I am expecting Ofsted's visit sometime in February. (they called me in December and we came to a rough arrangement!) I have just filled out the SEF and to be honest, it was hard to complete because I had nothing much to base my answers on. I could only comment on my intentions and things that I have put in place, activities, risk assessments, etc.. Anyway, good luck and I hope someone gets back to you as I would also like to know the answer! I'll let you know if they turn up!
Claire

Hi all,

Just wondering,

My only mindee wil be 5 July and attends school full time. I have her 3 times a week for 4 hours (1500 - 1900), will i be inspected if i only have her ?

Also, i received my token for SEF but cant access it, is it ok to print it off from the link on here and use it that way. Will i struggle to fill it in if i only have this one mindee ?

Sorry im just really anxious as iv been registered 6 months in February ?

sarah707
28-01-2009, 06:39 PM
My partner works with me part time and Ofsted came at a time to suit him... so that's not a problem.

As for your Sef if you can't access it online, then a paper version is better than nothing and will give the inspector something to read.

Be as positive as possible about what you do / intend to do and sell yourself as much as you can.

The Sef helpline guys are very good and might get you up and running online soon. You can do your Sef on your computer and upload it later.

Hth :D

loobyloo168
28-01-2009, 06:58 PM
My partner works with me part time and Ofsted came at a time to suit him... so that's not a problem.

As for your Sef if you can't access it online, then a paper version is better than nothing and will give the inspector something to read.

Be as positive as possible about what you do / intend to do and sell yourself as much as you can.

The Sef helpline guys are very good and might get you up and running online soon. You can do your Sef on your computer and upload it later.

Hth :D

I got on to my SEF at last, it was the Gateway that was the problem, so i re registered and it let me do it.

So shall i just concentrate on what i intend to do with children rather than what i do with the one i have. I do do things with her, we've baked christmas cookies, were curently doing cineses new year stuff, we did loadsa stuff at christmas, but by the time we have walked home from scool, had tea, theres not long left with her and to be honest after scool she doesnt want to do much but play with my little girls toys and have a lie down cus shes tired.

Its just so confuisng and it doesnt help that i really stuggle doing written stuf and forms. :(

sarah707
28-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes you're doing all the right things if you are meeting the child's needs.

That's the most important thing you can do.

Show that children take it in turns to cook with you - but make sure it's mindees turn when she comes to inspect! :cool:

Don't worry about the paperwork ... just try and put something down so they can see where you are coming from. If there are any gaps the inspector will ask you questions to fill them in.

loobyloo168
28-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes you're doing all the right things if you are meeting the child's needs.

That's the most important thing you can do.

Show that children take it in turns to cook with you - but make sure it's mindees turn when she comes to inspect! :cool:

Don't worry about the paperwork ... just try and put something down so they can see where you are coming from. If there are any gaps the inspector will ask you questions to fill them in.

Will they only come when i have my mindee then ?

sarah707
28-01-2009, 09:18 PM
If they come and you are not minding the best grade you can get is satisfactory.

While there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with satisfactory, because it means you've passed, if you want to give yourself the chance to get a better grade then you need to be minding when they come.

loobyloo168
28-01-2009, 09:20 PM
If they come and you are not minding the best grade you can get is satisfactory.

While there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with satisfactory, because it means you've passed, if you want to give yourself the chance to get a better grade then you need to be minding when they come.

Ok thanks again Sarah