PDA

View Full Version : Potty training advice

Stix
23-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I'm now writing a toilet training policy and wondered what everyone does with wet/soiled clothes. Our local nursery bags them up and sends them home and I intend to do the same but do you rinse through first or just bag them? I know this is probably very dense of me but the only children I have ever potty trained are my own. I thought if they were rinsed and sent home wet they may sweat in the bag?

Sorry! Thank you though.

If I am doing a similar wash then I'm happy to chuck in a few extra pairs of wet knickers or whatever but is this practical? should I not set a preceent for laundering clothes?

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 10:54 AM
personally i wouldnt want to get in the habit of washing clothes. you never know the child may be sensitive to certain washing powders or something. i might fling a pair of wet pants or trousers on the radiator and tell them they still need to be washed. Any soiling accident i would flush solid bit:eek: but def the clothes would be bagged up and left for parents.

hth

crazybones
23-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I do the same as I do for explosive nappies. Pop into bag and leave by front door for parent to deal with. I do the same with dog poo shoes! :o

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 10:57 AM
oh no i forgot about dog poo shoes!:eek:

crazybones
23-01-2009, 11:00 AM
oh no i forgot about dog poo shoes!:eek:

I keep a lot of Wellies here in case we need to go out again. I used to take my own kids shoes to my Dad to do. He used to keep an old washing up brush by the outside tap for this purpose. Hubby has had to take on the role since Dad has gone. :laughing:

Stix
23-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Great thank you. I hadn't even thought of dog poo shoes! I suppose we need a policy for that too :rolleyes:

sarah707
23-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I am going to invest in a box like I saw at a local playgroup the other day.

It has a tight fitting lid so it can be kept in a porch or just outside the door.

I will double bag all nasties and put them into the box for parents to take away at the end of the day.

My risk assessment will show that I sanitise the box every day :D

charleyfarley
23-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry but I'm a softee and wash them :blush: :blush:

One mindee has skin problems though so I don't wash his due to the washing powder i just bag them up after rinsing.

As for dog poo shoes :panic: no way, that's not in my job description :D
I've told the children including my own if they tread in it then the shoes go in the bin coz I'm not cleaning it off :laughing:

Carol xx

rickysmiths
23-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Another good idea from Sarah! I never wash clothes I bag them up and leave for the parents. I get enough washing with my own familyand the mindees sheets, blankets and towels thank you!!!!

charlie28
23-01-2009, 07:12 PM
i ahve a 3 year old boy potty training at the moment. i just bag it up and mum and dad is fine with that. i personally dont wash their clothes unless they havent any other clothes to put on.

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I take them off and bag them, I don't rinse through.