PDA

View Full Version : Why do we bother!!!!

Nicky
21-01-2009, 10:29 AM
I am sure that there are many childminders out there that have the same sort of problem that I have!!

I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday doing the assessments for the mindees, ready to go through with the parents on Monday and for them to take away and read through at their leisure and to comment upon.

Two parents were very excited and eagerly took them away to read with their other halfs. Third parent just said she is fine, I know that and you know that!!! Hasnt read them, wouldnt take them away and therefore no comments from her!

I explained that they were in line with the EYFS and it was something we had to do......still wouldnt take them!

Would you put a note on them saying she wouldnt read them or comment on them? Or would you just file them?

Nicky
(continually banging her head against the wall with some parents!!!)

Blaze
21-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I'd put a note on saying what the parent said...she is fine, I know that, you know that, so no need for these!:rolleyes:

melanieabigail2004
21-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Put a note on and file - you've done your bit and Ofsted can ask no more

Mel

rickysmiths
21-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Fotuately my parents at the moment are interested but I know a few childminders around here are getting quite a lot of negative feedback from parents. Not about the care but not wanting all sorts of stuff recorded about their children at such a young age.

One mum has even written a letter for the cm to keep on her files saying she chose a cm not a school for her 1yr and does not want anything written down regarding obs or progress.

What can you do? I think you just have to keep a record of what the parent says. I think OFSTED may encounter this quite a lot but until the parents do some serious lobbying I cant se any changes happening.

sarah707
21-01-2009, 11:01 AM
You are doing the right things.. that's all you can do sometimes isn't it? :(

angeldelight
21-01-2009, 11:05 PM
At least you tried

Some parents are annoying though

Angel xx

Lottie
23-01-2009, 09:53 AM
My parents aren't bothered about EYFS either, they have told me that I don't need to do it. I do do it and they do sign and comment.
You have tried, thats all you can do. At least everything will be in order for when you are due an inspection.

Nicky
23-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I have put on a note like you suggested. I am just glad the other parents appreciate the paperwork!!!