PDA

View Full Version : Gym in the morning!

snowbunny
21-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey Ladies,

OMG! I got up for the gym at 6.15am this morning and struggled, but i forced myself to go and I feel better for it. I cried the other week at the doctors when he weighed me :( I weigh 10st and I've NEVER been this heavy in my life (I've always been slim) and I'm really unhappy with myself and my self confidence has gone. I aim to lose 2 stone before March, so fingers crossed! I was 8 stone when i met my partner 3 years ago and I'm adamant I'll get there again.

Good luck to all you other ladies too....keep at it - it'll be worth it!! :clapping:

x

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Well done you x :thumbsup:

sue m
21-01-2009, 09:35 AM
I've gone right off you! :laughing: :D I'll never be 10 stone again and never been to a gym. Talk a lot about losing weight and eating more healthily but never do it! I had salad and jacket potato the other night which was good. Till I put the butter on the potato and the mayo on the salad!!!!! It is harder to lose the older you get (me I mean!!) but I think I need to try. Good luck. Are you going it alone or doing WW or SW?

angeldelight
21-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Well done you

Wish I was only 10 stone ha

Angel xx

miffy
21-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I've gone right off you! :laughing: :D I'll never be 10 stone again and never been to a gym. Talk a lot about losing weight and eating more healthily but never do it! I had salad and jacket potato the other night which was good. Till I put the butter on the potato and the mayo on the salad!!!!! It is harder to lose the older you get (me I mean!!) but I think I need to try. Good luck. Are you going it alone or doing WW or SW?

That made me laugh Sue!

Lots of us would probably love to be 10st!!!!!!

Good luck with the gym

Miffy xx

sue m
21-01-2009, 09:57 AM
lol, I would so love to be 10st or even a bit more but I don't have the will power and definitely eat the wrong kind of food, ie unhealthy! :D I have a bowl full of fruit which I keep shoving dwn the kids throats and DP eats it and guess what I do, get the biscuit tin out!! I have lost over a stone on both WW and SW but I leave and it all goes back on again. I hate my stomach and the fat around my middle and as my 4 year old granddaughter says "nanny pillows, you have enormous bazooms!". Hence being Nanny Pillows!!!!! :panic:

angeldelight
21-01-2009, 09:58 AM
lol, I would so love to be 10st or even a bit more but I don't have the will power and definitely eat the wrong kind of food, ie unhealthy! :D I have a bowl full of fruit which I keep shoving dwn the kids throats and DP eats it and guess what I do, get the biscuit tin out!! I have lost over a stone on both WW and SW but I leave and it all goes back on again. I hate my stomach and the fat around my middle and as my 4 year old granddaughter says "nanny pillows, you have enormous bazooms!". Hence being Nanny Pillows!!!!! :panic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sue m
21-01-2009, 10:04 AM
she never calls me just Nanny, it's always Nanny Pillows, no matter where we are and I even get flippin' birthday cards and stuff addressed to Nanny Pillows! Goodness knows what the postman thinks! I say to her, just Nanny will do darling but she never does!!! :panic:

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 10:08 AM
she never calls me just Nanny, it's always Nanny Pillows, no matter where we are and I even get flippin' birthday cards and stuff addressed to Nanny Pillows! Goodness knows what the postman thinks! I say to her, just Nanny will do darling but she never does!!! :panic:

:laughing: :laughing: like it, nanny pillows x

snowbunny
21-01-2009, 10:13 AM
chuckle, I love that nickname, quite cute i think!

I'm going it alone Sue, I can't do regimented diets and I'm going to weigh myself every month so I don't get disappointed. I'm eating half portions too - normally I eat what my DP eats!! :blush: I have a jacket potato and a chicken breast for lunch (without butter). I'm hoping this regime lasts longer than a week or two!!!

XX

sue m
21-01-2009, 10:21 AM
She's always called me Nanny Pillows and says it regularly :panic: I'd quite like her to call me just Nanny now but that has stuck!

Good for you Snowbunny. I just can't eat a jacket potato with out butter! It chokes me! I see my reflection in windows or mirrors and think, that is NOT me! All the rolls of fat from my bra down to my waist! Not an attractive look so I need to get.......bigger jumpers to hide it!!!!:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 10:33 AM
heres my tip of the week - switch to Soya butter - you get it in the same place as Flora (i use a brand called Pure)... its as good as flora etc but its packed full of goodness and it will reduce your cholesterol!!! (and its still only about £1 for a huge pot whereas pro-activ or something similar they want to charge an arm and a leg for the same stuff!

sue m
21-01-2009, 10:38 AM
But does it taste like butter Anna? I use Anchor Spreadable and not always the lighter one either. I love butter and love salt! :( DP had a quadruple heart bypass a few years ago and he doesn't eat healthily either which worries me. He had a cholesterol test yesterday so that could be high, he's into cakes and I'm into biscuits!!!! I just love the taste of butter and have a lot of it!! I don't have scales at home either so have no idea what I weigh, must pop into Boots next time I go into town.

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 10:57 AM
My hubby has just had a colesterol test and its very high so he is now having all these flora products, the drinks, spread, costing a bomb, im very naughty and eat really unhealthly :blush: , he is being very good though ! x

sue m
21-01-2009, 11:01 AM
So you're not supporting him then Lisa and doing it with him!? You wicked girl :laughing: I wonder if all these Flora products actually work. Mine was ok last time I had a test. David apparently makes bad cholesterol, whatever that means and has to take quite a lot of tablets for his heart and that. You're lucky you don't put weight on. I was skinny tll I was about 30 and then it started going on slowly.

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 11:04 AM
So you're not supporting him then Lisa and doing it with him!? You wicked girl :laughing: I wonder if all these Flora products actually work. Mine was ok last time I had a test. David apparently makes bad cholesterol, whatever that means and has to take quite a lot of tablets for his heart and that. You're lucky you don't put weight on. I was skinny tll I was about 30 and then it started going on slowly.

Of course i am Sue i gave him a crumb of a biscuit yesterday :laughing:

I am 9 stone and (touch wood) at the moment do eat wat i want but i know that won.t always be the case, im sitting here with crisps as we speak, may go and have a banana :D

Forgot to say, yes i wonder if they work, the nurse said having one of there drinks and the spread a day will lower it but we will see:rolleyes: hes going back in 6mths , they do cost a bomb though, may have a look at the spread Anna mentioned x

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 11:18 AM
i would say its butteryer than flora, and saltier. it reminds me of spanish butter a bit. its much harder than flora - spreadable, but more like a butter spreadable than a flora type marg. which is quite soft.
and i made healthy flapjack using it and its yummy so ok for cooking.
i like my butter type things thick, thick on sandwhiches and my jackets hav to be swimming, so i loose the guilt factor this way.

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 11:22 AM
lisa - soya products contain the same 'plant steryol' that they put in the pro-activ things. my dh has gone off dairy so he has soya milk - which is almost the same price as cows milk, alpro soya yoghurts (4 for £1) and soya marg. he's got high cholesterol despite a healthy diet so i think this stuff will help and they don't rip you off the way pro-activ and benacol do!

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 11:24 AM
lisa - soya products contain the same 'plant steryol' that they put in the pro-activ things. my dh has gone off dairy so he has soya milk - which is almost the same price as cows milk, alpro soya yoghurts (4 for £1) and soya marg. he's got high cholesterol despite a healthy diet so i think this stuff will help and they don't rip you off the way pro-activ and benacol do!

Thanks, i will have a look x

sue m
21-01-2009, 11:46 AM
lol Lisa, gave him a crumb. Poor lad! 9 stone!!! I've gone off you too! :D

I'm not that keen on soya milk Anna, I've tried it loads of times in the past but I do really think I have a bit of an intolerance to dairy so I ought to try it again. I'm so stuck in my ways. I will look out for that Pure in Tesco and give it a go. Thanks for that.

LOOPYLISA
21-01-2009, 12:11 PM
lol Lisa, gave him a crumb. Poor lad! 9 stone!!! I've gone off you too! :D

I'm not that keen on soya milk Anna, I've tried it loads of times in the past but I do really think I have a bit of an intolerance to dairy so I ought to try it again. I'm so stuck in my ways. I will look out for that Pure in Tesco and give it a go. Thanks for that.

:laughing: :laughing: xx

snowbunny
21-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I've gone off you too Lisa :p

My DP has just gone out and got me a 'healthy' alternative to butter for my jacket potato! What a sweetheart! xx

misst104
21-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Lucky you having an understanding Oh. My DP takes great pleasure in stuffing choccies and cake into his mouth whilst I watch on drooling !!!

Well done for getting up at 6.15 :clapping:

Jo x x x

kindredspirits
21-01-2009, 01:27 PM
i don't like soya milk either - i try to have the alpro soya chocolate milk now and again for the vitamins and anti-cholesterol element, but i don't like the other stuff much. you can't taste it in the butter or yoghurts funnily enough.