PDA

View Full Version : Chinese New Year For 30 toddlers!!

Schnakes
20-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi - I do the arts and crafts table at the local toddlers group..am drawing a blank on something I can do for Chinese new year this week that is fun, easy for litt'luns and cheap to make! We have already done dancing dragons. Can think of loads of stuff to do with my lot, cos we have more time and there is less of them! Plus I can do something to suit each age. At the group I have to make it wasy enough for the youngies but pretty enough to get the oldies interest. Any ideas? Paper laterns have been suggested but its not very exciting!

This is kinda urgent - the group is on Friday, and I'll need to go shopping before then for materials!

Thank you ladies! :thumbsup:

Sx

Andrea08
20-01-2009, 10:45 PM
mmmmm 30 kids OMG will the parents help the small ones?

can you do food tasting eg noodles or rice instead of fruit time?

chop stick games (picking up objects) for the older ones

colour in dragon face/ mask

hand prints to make the body of a dragon

chinese writing different sorts of mark making sand/ paint/pens

sorry hope that helps a little some others may have ideas too

ohh bonzi plants get a large plant and cut up into smaller ones
they dont always live but its fun ?

angeldelight
20-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Some good ideas from Andrea

You could also do the fans like the ones we made - the black ones looked lovely with glitter over them using their fingers - tell me a child that does not enjoy anything to do with glitter ?
Cheap and simple too

Dont make anything that is really complicated - something to you may seem boring but the kids will more than likely enjoy it

Have fun

Rather you than me haha

Angel xx

miffy
23-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Make a blossom tree - use a real branch with pink/white tissue paper they can stick on for the blossom or paint outline of tree and use finger paints to put the blossom on it

Miffy xx

Schnakes
24-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone - we made fans in the end...cheap, cheerful and easy!

Now for this weeks Australia Day....!!!

Miffy - I love your idea. With my mindees I usually draw round their arm and hand to make the "tree", then finger printing for the blossom and leaves. Its sooo cute! I really like your idea of the twigs though, cos we have a woods near my house..we could do a little treasure hunt etc. Think we will do that on Monday, if its not tipping down with rain!!

Sx

Cammie Doodle
24-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Activity Village have some good bits for Oz Day:thumbsup: