PDA

View Full Version : Bored of bad weather...indoor activities please!

Stanfield
20-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I am at home with a 20month old and we are completely bored of this bad weather and need something to do at home indoors.
We go out occasionally but it is so cold I cant stick it for long!
I do some colouring with him, paint, crayons and chalks, and the occasional bit of cooking but I am stuck for ideas of what else to do that will occupy the both of us!
Any ideas please?

Thanks, Lucy

PixiePetal
20-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Gloop? ( cornflour + water)

I love playing with it too !!:blush:

Anything pouring from jug to cup etc - dry rice/mini pasta easy to sweep up indoors

rickysmiths
20-01-2009, 05:35 PM
If I have one alone, getting out the farm and building the biggest farm or safari park, The duplo train set is another good one or just building fun structures with wooden bricks.

Angela234
20-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Drieds pasta in large bowl scoops jugs spoons ect keeps my kids happy for ages.

Angela

Angela234
20-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Dried pasta in large bowl scoops jugs spoons ect keeps my kids happy for ages.

Angela

HelenJC
20-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi

I made bird feeders with my 18month old and 3 year old. Just mix lard (cold) and bird seed together and put into a plastic/paper cup. Tie up with string or pipe cleaners around the rim. Kept the youngest happy for ages. Then we hung them outside where we could see them and watch the birds - only problem is there are not many birds around!!

Next day I made bread using a packet bread mix and we made bird shapes. Mum could even tell they were supposed to be birds - well ducks.

Enjoy

miffy
20-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Next day I made bread using a packet bread mix and we made bird shapes. Mum could even tell they were supposed to be birds - well ducks.

Enjoy

Thanks for that idea - might just pinch that for next week :)

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
20-01-2009, 09:56 PM
What about making some musical instruments (elastic across a marg tub or rice in a pringles container etc...). We did this today and tomorrow we are using them to sing and dance.

Stanfield
21-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Funny enough I am just off down the shop to get some yeast.
I saw a bread recipie in one of my childre's cook books but this one sugguests making rolls , pinching the tops like spikes and using currants for eyes and nose to make a hedgehog shape.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone.

Lucy