PDA

View Full Version : Help r.e Ofsted number

Jelly Baby
20-01-2009, 12:16 PM
HI having inspection this week and am just worrying over a few things that are quite important..

Number for Ofsted complaints what is it..i have one and the bromley site has one and they don't match!
Thanks

mrsb
20-01-2009, 01:24 PM
ofsted complaints and investigation unit is 0845 601 4772 :)

Pauline
20-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought the number to give parents was the main Ofsted number:

0845 404040

mrsb
20-01-2009, 01:31 PM

0845 404040

I give my parents your number Pauline, the other number I put is also in my complaints procedure though - tbh I have no idea where I got it from though:panic: :blush:

miffy
20-01-2009, 01:32 PM

0845 404040

I only use this number

Miffy xx

Pauline
20-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I've just double checked and this is what the Ofsted website say:

Q. What do I do if I have a complaint or concern about my childcare?A. Contact the Ofsted helpline on 08456 404040, or email us at enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk. We have also produced a leaflet and a factsheet:

the leaflet gives information about how to raise your concerns with a provider; how to raise your concerns with us; what we can and will do when you complain to us; and our enforcement and other powers. Read or download the leaflet, 'Concerns and complaints about childminders and childcare providers' (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications/080120)
the factsheet gives further information on our role in investigating concerns about childcare providers. Read or download the factsheet, 'Investigating complaints or concerns about registered childminders and childcare providers' (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-forms-and-guidance-by/Title-A-to-Z/Investigating-complaints-or-concerns-about-registered-childminders-and-childcare-providers-a-factsheet)The above is taken from this page: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/FAQs/Care2#C_4

:)

Pauline
20-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I give my parents your number Pauline, the other number I put is also in my complaints procedure though - tbh I have no idea where I got it from though:panic: :blush:

MrsB - if you type the number you have given into Google it brings up details about Ofsted's child protection enforcement team.

To be honest, I would remove it from your documents regarding complaints if I were you. :)

mrsb
20-01-2009, 01:42 PM
MrsB - if you type the number you have given into Google it brings up details about Ofsted's child protection enforcement team.

To be honest, I would remove it from your documents regarding complaints if I were you. :)

Thank you Pauline:blush: I think it must have ceom from the bromley site:panic:

Jelly Baby
20-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks..ok so basically is this ok:

I hope that you are happy with the service that I provide, but I appreciate you may find at times I am not offering you or your child(ren) the services that you would have hoped for. I hope that you will feel able to discuss any concerns or issues that you may have with me directly. If you would rather not talk in front of your child(ren) then we can arrange a more convenient time, for example in the evening or at the weekend.

It is a requirement by Ofsted that all complaints are logged along with the outcome and any action taken. These records must be available to show an Ofsted Childcare Inspector if required.

Any complaints dealt with will be reffered back to you within 28 days maximum to let you know the outcome.

If you feel that you are unable to talk to me or that after talking the matter remains unresolved then you can talk in confidence to:

The National Childminding Association on 0208 464 6164

If you wish to make a formal complaint then you can contact Ofsted on: 08456 404040 or email them on: enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Any problems with that number: Ofsted helpdesk on 08456 40 40 45

Can i put the childminding association on there or best to leave out?
Thanks