PDA

View Full Version : pre registration visit: what happens exactly ?

mozarella
19-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I know they would be inspecting the house and ask a few questions on the EYFS but what else will they be looking for?

LOOPYLISA
19-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I had a lovely lady come and do my visit, she stayed 2 hours, typed alot on her laptop, looked round EVERY room, asked a few questions, talked to my dd, looked at the policies i had done, all very relaxed, lots of luck, not that you will need it x :thumbsup:

Bex1
19-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Hello

She will also go through your CRB forms and look at your identification etc. My Inspector was with me about 3 hours, had a coffee and a chat about EYFS, she looked through my completed 'preparing for your pre-reg' questionnaire then looked at the toys I had and then walked around my house, in every room. She also looked at my fire blanket, first aid kit and garden.

Becky

mozarella
19-01-2009, 05:23 PM
had a call from ofsted I should hear from inspector this week to book the visit ! I am so not ready, didnt expect it that soon and we have still building work to finish in the house !!!! Havent done all my policies either

They want my husband to be here too, he work in central london so I hope they will be flexible on the timing...

misst104
19-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Why do they want your husband to be there?????

Jo x x x

mozarella
19-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Why do they want your husband to be there?????

Jo x x x

they said to check his identity for the crb check ..

LOOPYLISA
19-01-2009, 05:31 PM
they said to check his identity for the crb check ..

Really mine is down as my assistant and they never wanted to see him, even now?

misst104
19-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I havn't heard of that before either Lisa and I am registered as an assistant to my friend who is a cm and noone has ever needed to check my identity .
Maybe sombody else will be along soon to clarify it for you mozerella :)

Jo x x x

marian
19-01-2009, 05:40 PM
All they wanted for proof of my husbands ID was that I showed his passport along with his CRB

Marian x

mozarella
19-01-2009, 05:54 PM
i will ask the inspector when he rings

Tatjana
19-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I was also asked questions about safeguarding children and a typical day.

I've not heard of having to have your dh present either, mine wasn't and neither was my friends dh who had hers recently.

Good luck!

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Let us know what they say - I would have a hard job getting my DH to be there as he's always at work :rolleyes:

Hope your pre-reg visit goes well :thumbsup:

Liz

Jen4Kids
19-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing :D

Im finally getting the decorating jobs done around the house that have been waiting over 2 years to do :D lol this has finally been the kick up the bum i needed !! Although i havent got a first aid kit or a fire blanket yet :eek:

mozarella
20-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I was wondering the same thing :D

Im finally getting the decorating jobs done around the house that have been waiting over 2 years to do :D lol this has finally been the kick up the bum i needed !! Although i havent got a first aid kit or a fire blanket yet :eek:

I havent got a fire blanket either as i believe you canget it with the starting pack when you join ncma, I will just mention that I intend to get it