PDA

View Full Version : What to have ready

jibberjitz
18-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have my first meeting with a potential parent this Thursday and wondered what I need to have ready to show them. I think all of my policies are in place and obviously fees will need to be discussed but wondered whether to keep it more informal rather than brandishing a load of paperwork at her (I do know the parent as she is one of the mums from my daughters pre-school). I thought of putting everything in one file and letting her have a scan through and then if she definately wants me to mind then go through everything. What do you do? Even though I know the parent I'm still really nervous too!!!:eek:

Liz:)

Annie_T
18-01-2009, 03:14 PM
i have a folder which i have a intro on myself, pets and my family (where i went school my job when lfet school ad last job b4 becoming a cm)

certs for courses i done, crb, refrencees, fee's, i then have all my policys permission forms and any other bits the parent will need fill out/see

these are all my own copies not for the parents (iyswim)

not got anything else

jibberjitz
18-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for that:) Thats the kind of thing I thought I'd get ready,

Liz

Bex1
19-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi,
I had my first meeting with a parent last week. I got a bit muddled but showed her my parent pack which she took away with her to keep, I also talked about ofsted inspection, certificates and showed her around my house and garden! I didnt show her my policies/procedures as thought I may give her too much to read so if she is interested and we arrange another visit I will send her away with my policies and procedures folder for some light bedtime reading ;)

marian
19-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I tend to keep the first visit really informal - a kind of chat / asking questions etc.

I have my portfolio and some photo albums for them to look at.

I send them away with a info sheet which tells them about my family and a brief synopsis of a daily routine, fees etc

Marian x

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your replies:)

Liz