PDA

View Full Version : help for newbie please

cathyh
18-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi i am thinking of becoming a childminder in Warrington I will attend the first meeting on 4th Feb. I am really keen to get started but I am wondering is there a demand for childminders in warrington does anyone know?
I am looking for 2 full timers and maybe 2 school pick ups how long do nyou think that would take and what have you found to be the best way to advertise. Also I am employed full time at the moment what advice could you give about handing in my notice so I could be available for courses and things. Does it sound as if I want to run before I can walk its just now that I have decided to do this I cant wait to get started.
If anyone can give me any advice I will really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Cathy

PixiePetal
18-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry can't be of much help as not in your area and have been minding for quite a while and pre-reg has changed so much.

Sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions, good luck :)

jibberjitz
18-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Hiya & welcome,

I think childminders are in demand everywhere and I have friends that live in the Warrington area who really struggled to get childcare.
I am in the process of doing the training and have a 2day DHC starting next Sat. All the training I have done so far has either been on an evening or on a Saturday and there are a few ladies on the courses that are working full time so hopefully your Early Years team will be flexible too.

Good luck with it all and let us know how you're getting on,

Liz:)

sarah707
18-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi, we do have some members in Warrington who I am sure will be able to help.

In teh meantime the best people to call are your CIS (Children's Information services).

Look here for more info... you can also look up and see what other childminders charge etc in your area -

http://www.*************.gov.uk/

aly
19-01-2009, 12:37 AM
ditto what sarah says:thumbsup:

cathyh
21-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for your replies...my introduction is booked for 4th Feb so i am doing loads of research first. My youngest is 12 so its a while since I have had the finger paints out and childcare has changed so much since. I will keep you posted with my progress...thanks again

Sammy_lou3108
21-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi

I am in exactly the same position as you! Got my first taster to it next week and am also currently employed so know just how you feel! Want to get started doing it like yesterday but really am worried about just giving in a full time not badly paid job to find myself, well, pennyless!
Also having no children (not yet anyway) leaves me in the position of not being used to the social networks to even find the children in the first place!

Good luck with your start!