PDA

View Full Version : Naffed off!!

Banana
28-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Well my application for funding has been approved for the NVQ! Have just got off the phone with the cis.

However, have just been told that the funding will come out of next years budget not this years and so they cannot garauntee how much it will be! It was supopsed to be 95% but now becuase the transformation fund is not available next year the budget will be much lower!

Im going to remain hopoeful for now but it will be just my luck it will probably be something like 5% funding and 95% from me :angry:

x

miffy
28-01-2008, 12:36 PM
That's a bit silly lana - how can you be expected to commit to something when you don't know how much it's going to cost?

I had a similar thing when I did my nvq - I was told they would only agree funding for the first year of the course and then I would have to reapply for the second year's funding and they couldn't guarantee I'd get it

After a lot of wrangling they agreed to pay both years together but they did have plenty of money at the time

Do you know when they will decide how much they can put towards the funding or have you just got to wait and see

Miffy xx

Raggydolls
28-01-2008, 12:38 PM
awww lana, something is better than nothing, keep your chin up honey and i will keep my fingers crossed u get the 95% amount paid for,

leanne
xx

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Lana try not to worry about it too much as Im sure they will pay the 95% as normal they are probably just beenover cautious as I got told the same last year or very similiar x

Banana
28-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope so Susan! :(

I just have to wait until they know how much is being allocated and then they will send me a letter confirmation letter of how much it will be!

xx

Pipsqueak
28-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope it works out 'nana. They want us to have L3 qualifications so there fore they need to help us out a little.

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 01:36 PM
I hope so Susan! :(

I just have to wait until they know how much is being allocated and then they will send me a letter confirmation letter of how much it will be!

xx

fingers crossed babe it the full amount you can have xxx

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree with Susan

Do not worry Lana

Angel xx

Tiisku
28-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I have just mailed warwickshire's CIS about funding and to send me more information about it. How does it all work, do you first find out about available courses yourself, or does the local CIS provide you with available courses in the area?

I hope you will get your funding, is it for level 3 or 4?

Love

Banana
28-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Tisku,

Its for level 3. I had to decide which course I wanted and then apply to the cis. They send forms or you can apply online. I chose to do it at college but i think if i had gone with my first idea of distance learning I woul dhave got the whole funding and be on my way to strating it now, still, you live and learn :)

x