PDA

View Full Version : again ... parental / legal responsibility

loocyloo
15-01-2009, 10:21 PM
hello! have been reading about this parental / legal responsibility thing and that we MUST have it, or we can be actioned by Ofsted.

i have no idea if i have it! ( but my inspector didn't pick up i didn't! )

i am still using up a pile of contracts i bought a couple of years ago now!

i have written down parents details and who may collect child, and ( and for a previous child, who may not collect child ) and signed by parents. is that enough? or do i need something more official?

thanks loocyloo x

desiderata
16-01-2009, 10:23 AM
I heard someone talking about this the other day. I use NCMA contracts are they enough or do I need something else with this on?

sarah707
16-01-2009, 12:06 PM
You must have a piece of paper asking parents these questions.

It is a statutory requirement.

The Ncma are apparently reprinting their contracts to include the questions.

You can type up a letter to parents asking them and put the answers in teh child's file :D

donnadoo2004200
16-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Has anyone already written up one of these letters they would be willing to share. Im soooooooo confused and OFSTED due anytime. Thanks

jeanybeany
16-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I have just done this for my parents and all I did was to explain why I needed it and asked them to provide childs name, mother and father name and to circle yes or no to parental responsibility and signatures. I also printed off some info off the web explaining what it is. Hope this helps. Only sent them out yesterday as a friend had her inspection and it was one of her reccommendations.:)

loocyloo
17-01-2009, 08:10 PM
thank you! x

marian
17-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I have made a child infomation sheet with the usual questions ie. name, date of birth, parents contact details, who has parental responsibiity, ethnic origin etc
they just fill it in and it goes in their folder and a big deal is not made of the question as it is just included with all the other stuff I need to know ifyswim.

Marian x

miffy
18-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I have made a child infomation sheet with the usual questions ie. name, date of birth, parents contact details, who has parental responsibiity, ethnic origin etc
they just fill it in and it goes in their folder and a big deal is not made of the question as it is just included with all the other stuff I need to know ifyswim.

Marian x

I have also added it to my child information form

It doesn't matter where you have recorded the information just that you have done it

Miffy xx

DudleyChildmind
18-01-2009, 08:55 AM
I have also added it to my child information form

It doesn't matter where you have recorded the information just that you have done it

Miffy xx

So have I :)