PDA

View Full Version : Parent Info Pack

Dotty
14-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Can anyone help me please?

I am just getting together a parent info pack and have a few ideas what to include:

All about us - family, qualifications, training done
Fee sheet
Menu
Activities and toys provided

Anything else?

Ta very much :thumbsup:

DudleyChildmind
14-01-2009, 07:05 PM
In my pack I also put some info in about the EYFS, fees, policies etc. I also put a leaflet in about working tax credits and a few other bits and bobs :)

Dotty
14-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Thank you Dudley!!

I'm from that area originally!!:clapping:

DudleyChildmind
14-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I love in Halesowen which isn't far from Dudley but I'm Registered under the Dudley borough :)

Dotty
14-01-2009, 07:11 PM
My aunty lives there and I also have a childminder friend who lives there too!!
We live about 40 mins away in Worcester!

don the duck
14-01-2009, 07:15 PM
I love in Halesowen which isn't far from Dudley but I'm Registered under the Dudley borough :)

ur not far from me just outside dudley but sandwell borough

jibberjitz
14-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi,

I have also got an opening times sheet, including any holidays closed for. Activities and events (such as festivals), example of daily routine, my aims (mission statement), childhood infections information, including any exclusion periods, themes and topics covered,

Hope this helps,

Liz:)

DudleyChildmind
15-01-2009, 05:43 AM
I like Worcester :)

Sandwell is only down the road from me as I live on the border.

HomefromHome
15-01-2009, 07:20 AM
hi - i put photos (about 6 to a page to save ink!) in mine - about 3 or 4 pages worth of the most recent bits that we have done. - they get to see better what you do, the kids do and the kids faces and the end product if they're making something!:)

Dotty
15-01-2009, 05:32 PM
thank you!!!

will get started tonight when I can tear myself away from here!! Tis very addictive!!!

:jump for joy:

Andrea08
15-01-2009, 05:42 PM
???this parent pack do you give each parent one or is it information at your setting parents can look at?

i want to develop my parent pack for new parents so a copy for each family and it seems like a lot of information and ink to do so many?

the nursery inf pack is very glossy and informative but expensive to produce.

so what should we put into a parent pack that parents keep?

misst104
15-01-2009, 05:50 PM
How about a sample menu in there as well? :)

Jo x x x

Dotty
15-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I am thinking of basic info to start with ie about me; fees; hol dates; sample menu; list of activities and toys.

I will let them look at the policy file and show certs and insurance.

If they then come back and "sign up" then I will let them have their own copy of the policies and get them to sign permission forms etc.

I also think it might be a good idea (to save ink and the planet!!) to put all the policies on to a disk so that if the parents want to print them off they can - is that a good idea???? or do you have to give them a hard copy?

Andrea08
15-01-2009, 07:08 PM
ooooo parent info on a disk sounds realy good it could be like a power point and colourful and grovey and parents can print off what they want discs are cheap too, thats got me thinking to do a new powerpoint and burn off a few, any changes can be done without having to redo the lot,,

fab idea glad i let the bath water go cold and decided on a shower so not to have missed this thread lol

oh something else just remembered if we have a web site info for parents can be accessed that way too but think ill ask sarah about setting one of thoes up.

Dotty
15-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Hee hee
Glad to have helped someone on this forum - I wanted to give something back for all the help I'm getting!!

Now off to the bath with you!!!! :laughing:

sarah707
15-01-2009, 07:30 PM
oh something else just remembered if we have a web site info for parents can be accessed that way too.

Pauline is the websites guru!!

She designs them for people and they're not expensive...

Have a browse throught the websites on here, lots of them are hers, including Angels :D

Andrea08
15-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Pauline is the websites guru!!

She designs them for people and they're not expensive...

Have a browse throught the websites on here, lots of them are hers, including Angels :D

thanks sarah ill have a look x

DCS
15-01-2009, 08:42 PM
'Parents packs',,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't do'em!:huh:

Between my website and my policieis and procedures document, I really don't see the need?

Am i the weakest link?

singlewiththree
16-01-2009, 07:36 AM
'Parents packs',,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't do'em!:huh:

Between my website and my policieis and procedures document, I really don't see the need?

Am i the weakest link?

I've just been putting mine together and really thought I'm duplicating the information on my website the only addition I have put in is a weekly menu, permission slips which could go on the site anyway but I think the parent feels they have got something if they take it away.

dondon
16-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I include a copy of my policies and a meningitis leaflet and also a surestart centre leaflet. They can find out about everything else from the surestart centre]]DonnaX

marian
16-01-2009, 10:06 AM
For an initial enquiry ie parent comes to see me for a chat - I will send them away with a infomation sheet which tell them about our family, pets, a typical day examples of where we go on days out etc. my fees, hours of work, food provided etc.
there is another sheet outling contract guidelines / what happens if child sick etc as well which I go through with them.

If they sign up:) then they will get policies, info leaflets on the groups we go to etc

Marian x

LisaMarie
16-01-2009, 11:42 PM
In my pack I also put some info in about the EYFS, fees, policies etc. I also put a leaflet in about working tax credits and a few other bits and bobs :)

could i ask which tax credits leaflet it is? and where you get it form?

gemhei
17-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I put in a map of the house, oh and they like you to put in info on tax credits so they have a good idea of how much they can get knocked off fees lol. I also slip a NHS guide in there which tells them how long i req them to be off when sick ;) get it in early, start as you mean to go on. not that its working :rolleyes: haha, I put a colouring picture in there too for the kids while parents are reading.