PDA

View Full Version : policies signed?

MicheH
13-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi there, been advertising for 6 months and have finally got my first minded child!

I have it in my head that I must get each policy signed by the parent. I can't find any literature to back this up so i'm wondering if I've totally made it up?

Any help would be fab x

Chatterbox Childcare
13-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I have a list of my policies and ask them to sign them all.

i.e. Safeguarding Children Version 1
Behaviour Policy Version 2

etc...

~*Sarah*~
13-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I realised after a while:blush: that I had not got the parents to sign anything about the policies:eek:

So I quickly wrote a letter to the parents with the details on and got them to sign and give it back to me.

I am a little disappointed with the ncma forms, i think they are rubbish to be honest

rickysmiths
13-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Ihave a consent sheet they sign and include on that:

Ihave read, agree to and have had a copy of all the policies above.

then the parents only have one form to sign. It also has all the various permissions ans consents listed and permission to seek emergency medical care.

It was my mentor when I was doing my Quality Assurance accreditation that suggested it makes life much more simple than signing each policy the key is to include the words 'I have read and agree to' in the right place and at the bottom put a review date then you should be covered.

Annie_T
13-01-2009, 10:07 AM
i know some put policies on a cd and get the parent/s tp sign a form stating they have had it ... unsure if they sign anything else sorry

wellybelly
13-01-2009, 10:23 AM
I didnt realise I needed to get parents / carers to sign for polcies. I show them and they are always available to view. Ive just typed something up and will give to parents this week.

angeldelight
13-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I didnt realise I needed to get parents / carers to sign for polcies. I show them and they are always available to view. Ive just typed something up and will give to parents this week.

Its always good practise so it shows they have read and that they do understand them

If anything happens in the future you can say " well you read my policies " so there is no come back on you then

When does the little one start with you ?

Good luck

Angel xx

maple
14-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I am like the others I have one sheet that has a list of all my policies on that my parents sign to say they have read and agree to them. I did start off getting parents to sign each individual policy but the feedback from them was that there was too much to sign what with contracts and permission form. I had my inspection yesterday and told the inspector this and she agreed saying there is lots to sign and that was fine.

carolinel
14-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I do it the long winded way and get them to sign each and every one. Then if an issue did arise I couldn't be accused of re-wording policies iygwim. I can categorically prove that the parent's have read, agreed and signed to every single one.

DCMS
14-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I have one sheet 'confirmation of receipt of policies' that lists every policy they have been given but I ask for a signature against each one listed rather than just one signature and also have a comment box next to each one in case they have anything to say about a particular policy

Debster
20-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi there, been advertising for 6 months and have finally got my first minded child!

I have it in my head that I must get each policy signed by the parent. I can't find any literature to back this up so i'm wondering if I've totally made it up?

Any help would be fab x

Parents must have a copy of your complaints and safeguarding policy . I give them to parents and then a folder with all my policies for them to read and return. I then have a form which states that the have recieved a copy of the safeguarding and complaints policy and that they have read the policies in place and that they are free to view tham at any time. It wastes to much paper to give them a copy of everything and I worry about supplying it on disc as it may be copied. You also need to make them aware that you have the registration requirements for the voulntary register for them to view at anytime (if you are on the voluntary register)