PDA

View Full Version : what do you record for over 8's

lauraleo
27-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Just wanted to see if you keep records for your over eights.
I finished my ICP yesturday and they said don't need to keep records for 8 and over.
do you just keep contact details, emergency and register or do you have observations as well.

sarah707
27-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't observe for over 8s unless I am working in conjunction with other agencies and have been asked to watch for certain behaviours etc...

I do make sure I have a behaviour agreement made with them, a copy of how I expect them to behave, esp around little ones and a clear policy on computer / ICT usage which they agree to... and a walking home alone agreement for older children.

Then all the usual paperwork and agreement forms :D

angeldelight
27-01-2008, 01:14 PM
My over 8s have been with me since they were 3 and 5 so I just continued my books / observations for them in much the same way as I did when they were younger

Angel xx

allinatiz
27-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Glad you asked this, I have nothing in my folder for my 2 over 8's and was wondering if I was being stupid.

A behaviour policy sounds like a good thing to do with them, is it just an extension of your house rules?

sarah707
27-01-2008, 10:15 PM
A behaviour policy sounds like a good thing to do with them, is it just an extension of your house rules?

Pretty much yes, it just says what they agree to do eg everything I say! And what I will do ... give them 5 minute warnings for tea etc...

Then they think about what sanctions I should use eg a night off the computer for misuse or time out for answering back or parents informed for rudeness etc.

It gives them a chance to take ownership of their behaviour and me a chance to let them know what I find unacceptable... :D

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I wondered that too so thanks everyone for the advice here xxx

Pipsqueak
28-01-2008, 11:58 AM
i don't do obs for my over 8's either but I still include them in all my portfolio work (evidence) and have included them on the weekly planners - ie/ setting aside time for homework, planning for the holidays etc.

I also reguarly review the house rules with the children and talk to them about outings etc. I do include and show this type of stuff to OFSTED and for my courses.