PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone carry their emergency info?

manjay
26-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I keep getting in a panic as I don't always take my bag when I walk to school and have to admit that on occasions I have forgotten my emergency contact stuff!! I always have my phone which has the numbers but I wanted to make sure that I had the correct docs.

I have seen on here before that some of you use little cards like the ones on the bromley site so I have just made up four sets of these so I have no excuse for not having them . I have put all the info on the cards, laminated them, punched a hole and put them on a keyring. I am really chuffed. They are quite small and will be much easier to carry around than what I had before.

amanda xx

button68
26-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Oooo!!! I'd love to see a photo! ;)

sarah707
26-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I have an emergency contact list I carry in my purse all the time... and I carry a changing bag with permissions for emergency treatment signed by the parent (I adapted them from ones in files on here).

The Bromley ones are great too and much less bulky - good idea Amanda! :D

manjay
26-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Oooo!!! I'd love to see a photo! ;)

Hubby has taken my camera fishing with him (very optimistic he will catch something!) so will have to be after the weekend!

amanda xx

Twinkles
27-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I keep getting in a panic as I don't always take my bag when I walk to school and have to admit that on occasions I have forgotten my emergency contact stuff!! I always have my phone which has the numbers but I wanted to make sure that I had the correct docs.

I have seen on here before that some of you use little cards like the ones on the bromley site so I have just made up four sets of these so I have no excuse for not having them . I have put all the info on the cards, laminated them, punched a hole and put them on a keyring. I am really chuffed. They are quite small and will be much easier to carry around than what I had before.

amanda xx

What a good idea! I usually only carry my phone with contact numbers but I might make some of these too if you don't mind me pinching your idea.

jo f
27-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I love this idea!
So simple and user friendly!
Laminator at the ready!!!!

I too only currently have emergency contacts in my phone when I go out.
Not for much longer!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
27-01-2008, 08:24 AM
I carry all my emergency details in an A5 folder but it is a bit bulky especially in summer when you aren't always taking bags/coats etc

Really like this idea Amanda - just another thing to add to the list of jobs to do

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
27-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Great idea. Carolyn and I have made a form from A4 paper that folds into 4 it has contacts, and permission (list) on it and when folded it fits into small photo album . We have this in our changing/ outings bag.

LittleMissSparkles
27-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I have a small hardback book with all my contacts in for easch child I have on my books, also contacts numbers in my mobile phone too, thats an excellent idea though Amanda might give it a try xxx

angeldelight
27-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I have a very small book that someone got me just for this

It is so tiny I can put it in my jeans pocket

I used to carry bulky note books though

Your idea sounds good Amanda

Angel xx

emler
27-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Great idea Amanda - well done you!
I must admit I often leave my bag at home when I do the school run so my contact numbers are on my mobile.

Emler x

angeldelight
27-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah Emler I do that also

Angel xx

Spangles
27-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I just have the numbers on my mobli, I figure that I would need that to contact anyone so that will do! Got me thinking now though.

I always have my purse or changing bag with me so I may just quickly make a very small page with the numbers on and laminate to put in them so if I forget my mobli or it goes wrong I still have the info!

Good thinking brainbox!

manjay
27-01-2008, 02:22 PM
It's the emergency consent forms that worry me! You can't put them in your mobile can you?

I suppose when I have little ones I will always have a changing bag with me but at the moment when I walk to school I only carry my phone. TBH I don't even know if CSSIW require that I carry emergency consent forms but better to be safe than sorry

amanda xx

Rubybubbles
27-01-2008, 02:53 PM
good ideas thanks for sharing

Spangles
27-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I hadn't considered taking emergency consent forms out and about with me.

ruby
27-01-2008, 04:44 PM
i don,t know either amanda but like l your idea
will have a go this evening

thanks cathy

Trouble
27-01-2008, 04:47 PM
i have mine in my phone and epipen box:eek:

oakie dokie
27-01-2008, 05:42 PM
i have made credit card size cards with all info on and signed by parent for emergecy treatment, which i carry round in my purse all the time.

hazelx

oakie dokie
27-01-2008, 05:44 PM
oh and of course they are laminated.:clapping:

manjay
27-01-2008, 06:01 PM
i have made credit card size cards with all info on and signed by parent for emergecy treatment, which i carry round in my purse all the time.

hazelx

That's the same as mine but I have attached them to a keyring as I don't always have my purse!

You could have let me think I was clever and invented them myself! Lol

amanda xx

ajs
27-01-2008, 06:59 PM
i know ofsted highlighted the need to carry emergency documents in my car but i have never thought of carrying them actually with me, but i do carry a mini first aid kit so i think i will right them out and get them signed then laminate them too and put them in the first aid kit so they are away from prying eyes but where i need them.

well done amanda thanks for the idea

Lincsminder
27-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I also have small laminated cards hole punched so I can put them on a key ring. One side has childs name, address emergancy contact name and number, then on the other side a picture. I also have one with my deails and photo on. All numbers are stored in my phone too but if any thing happened to me say a car accident someone else would know who the children were and how to contact their family. Or if a child should get lost I have their photo on me so other people can help look and i can claim them when found.
Caroline

Spangles
27-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I've done little cards now to pop into my first aid travel pack! I'll get the mum's to sign them this week then laminate them.

They've just got child's name, d.o.b., parent's names, parents contact numbers, doctors no., and note that permission give for emergency treatment/assistance and administer non-prescription medicines.

Plus a place for signature.

Does that sound okay?

littletreasures
27-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I have credit card size cards as well.

These contain child's name, address, emergency contact info, dob, and also their photo, so if they are lost I can show the police, etc what they look like.

Jules

allinatiz
27-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I also often leave for school runs with just my mobile on me, got me thinking too....

Me neither, I assumed that as I have signed consent forms at home any emergency treatment wouldn't be questioned?

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 11:16 AM

I don't take mine out and about with me to be honest. I have never thought about taking them out with me. I have them in the childs folder so if needed I can lay my hands on them afterwards. As i understand it in an emergency it basically covers us to seek help my logic is I have signed permission don't need it on me. As I undersatood it the doctors would do it anyway (sorry not explaining this very well at all).

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I just have the numbers on my mobli, I figure that I would need that to contact anyone so that will do! Got me thinking now though.!

The reason for emergency contacts being written and not just in your mobile is if heaven forbid anything happens to you in an accident then the police can contact parents (rather then go through every number in your phone or them presume they are your children).

I also have the usual ICE numbers for my mum and hubby and they have a list of all numbers just in case I have forgot the cards(parents sign to say they permit this)

Banana
28-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I have the numbers in my phone for the parents.

The idea you have had Amanda is great! Kind of like key fobs! Good idea :thumbsup:

x

Spangles
28-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh my word! This is never ending!

I'm now going to do myself a wallet sized card stating in big letters that I'm a childminder - incase I have an accident and am unconscious - and that the children with me may be mindees and that their details are to be found in my first aid pack!

Mind you, how would the services know who I had with me and if it's just my son? This is getting very complicated! I don't think I can remember to keep taking info in and out of the bag as appropriate! Wish I hadn't read this thread now! Ha ha! I know - I'll write the children's dates and times on the back of their card!? Will that work?

Phew!

manjay
28-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh my word! This is never ending!

I'm now going to do myself a wallet sized card stating in big letters that I'm a childminder - incase I have an accident and am unconscious - and that the children with me may be mindees and that their details are to be found in my first aid pack!

Mind you, how would the services know who I had with me and if it's just my son? This is getting very complicated! I don't think I can remember to keep taking info in and out of the bag as appropriate! Wish I hadn't read this thread now! Ha ha! I know - I'll write the children's dates and times on the back of their card!? Will that work?

Phew!

You could put photos on the card!! Sorry for causing you stress Lorri!

amanda xx

Spangles
28-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't be sorry Amanda it's a really good thing to do but I think I'm making it more and more complicated for myself! Ha ha!

Yes, photos may be the way to go!

He he!

hello kitty
31-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi, I am concerned about carrying names AND addresses of mindees PLUS parents signature in case my bag is lost or stolen and falls into the wrong hands - this would surely compromise confidentiality. I just don't know what to do for the best!:cool: Sarah

Tily Bud
31-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi not sure if anyone is aware but ncma sell some type of emergency card in their shop xx

button68
02-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi, I am concerned about carrying names AND addresses of mindees PLUS parents signature in case my bag is lost or stolen and falls into the wrong hands - this would surely compromise confidentiality. I just don't know what to do for the best!:cool: Sarah

I have now made some cards similar to Amanda's (Manjay) Was all set to do one for my self i.e. I am a Childminder these children are in my care, my emergency details are .........

When all of a sudden I thought eek!! do I really want these details out there!! ...... to mindees parents want these details out there!! as Hoppers said confidentiality - Ahhhhhhhh!!! All confused again now :(

deeb66
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM

If I was you I would leave off the address and just put phone and mobile phone numbers on - that's what I do.

deeb66
02-02-2008, 02:49 PM

amanda xx

hazelx

I think these are excellent ideas and might do these myself.

I carry around a document which gives all emergency contact numbers, names of the children and their dates of birth. The document also includes my details and emergency contact numbers etc. I do not list any addresses.

I have 2 of these. One is carried in my rucksack and the other in the glove compartment of the car.

Like you Amanda....sometimes i am out walking with the buggy so obviously don't have the car and don't always take my rucksack with me.....but of course I always have my keys so I think this is an excellent idea.

Also think Hazel's Idea about consent for emergency treatment is excellent too as the signed forms are with my ICE document.

Thank you ladies

susi513
04-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Another suggestion I saw was to have a card for each child in a photo album so you can easily slip out the cards in & out each day. So you only ever carry information regarding the children in your care at the time. Iif you only have one mindee with you and you're in a car crash, the emergency services don't have to go through details of all your contracted children to find the info relating to the child present.

I like the key ring idea though, I might copy that. The first card being about me so details of the mindees aren't going to be accidently glanced at and you'd have to be looking through it to read their personal details. Still not decided about how much info to include re confidentiality.

SAN
05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes thats what Ive done too!! Great minds and all that...

I'v put photo's of the children on their cards so that (God forbid) we're in a n accident and we can't identify ourselves then emergency services can identify everyone. It goes with a card that says - I'm a childminder and these children may not be mine... you know the drill.

I also have one in the car that says the same so that the nice police/ambulance person will maybe look for further info. This might be overkill but I am rapidly turning into a good old-fashioned Ofsted-fearing woman.

Sarah x

Twinkles
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes thats what Ive done too!! Great minds and all that...

I'v put photo's of the children on their cards so that (God forbid) we're in a n accident and we can't identify ourselves then emergency services can identify everyone. It goes with a card that says - I'm a childminder and these children may not be mine... you know the drill.

I also have one in the car that says the same so that the nice police/ambulance person will maybe look for further info. This might be overkill but I am rapidly turning into a good old-fashioned Ofsted-fearing woman.
Sarah x

AAhh! the time we spend trying to outsmart ofsted...problem is they spend just as much time moving the goal posts:laughing:

wendywu
06-02-2008, 01:01 AM
I just downloaded the ones from the bromley site, they do photo ones and non photo ones. Come on twinkles keep up!:eek:

Perhaps i should do one for hubby, daughters, one daughters boyfriend,and two cats.

elaineg
12-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Do you have to carry emergency consent forms with you, I only have emergency details

love Elaine xXX

deeb66
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Do you have to carry emergency consent forms with you, I only have emergency details

love Elaine xXX

Yes you should really carry them with you ....

If an accident happened whilst you were out and about you wouldn't have time to go back home and get the consent forms before seeking medical treatment.

lindylou
12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Cracking idea Amanda will do that
Linx

JO S
13-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Something else for the to do list then!!

Jo. x

Rach30
24-04-2008, 10:19 AM
AHhh but you dont need to give permission for emergancy treatment you can hand responsibilty of that over to the doctors . Thats what i was told on my first aid course. Like the photo idea but i haven't got photo permision for some of my mindees . Maybe i could draw a picture lol.

louise2778
24-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I just downloaded the ones from the bromley site, they do photo ones and non photo ones. Come on twinkles keep up!:eek:

Perhaps i should do one for hubby, daughters, one daughters boyfriend,and two cats.

Hi, would you put the link on here to get to the page, I cant find them on the bromley site :panic:

Thanks x x

JOANNE
30-04-2008, 10:44 AM
What a good idea! I usually only carry my phone with contact numbers but I might make some of these too if you don't mind me pinching your idea.

This is what i do, i also give the parents one with my details on in case they have an accident, i give them one for their keyring and a credit card sized one to put in their purse/wallet.

brillminder
06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i have a print out of all contack details inside a cupboard and a smaller one in my purse & in phone ,in home telephone book, i dont take permission forms out feel i could get permission over phone , but think if my battery when flat on mobile i would need a back up and if i was ill at home it would be handy to ahve the numbers to hand :) fingers crossed not needed