PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got anything inspirational?

crazybones
07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Got brain fuzz. I am trying to plan for a little just turned 2 year old whose only interest is cars at the moment. Most of the activities we do center around cars and I am running out of ideas. He would be happy just to sit with a bucket of cars and the garage all day and be left to his own devices. Anyone got any inspiring ideas of what I can do with him?

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Have you got playdough or cooking vehicle cutters? Bob the Builder toys as they are transport/wheels. Brio?

Sorry that is all that comes to my head at the moment

crazybones
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Have you got playdough or cooking vehicle cutters? Bob the Builder toys as they are transport/wheels. Brio?

Sorry that is all that comes to my head at the moment

Yep! Got and do all that stuff. I do sand trays with cars in, junk modelling, matching cards, happlyland track, pretend car driving. When we go to drop-in he climbs into the Little tykes police car and stays there all the time he can and can only be tempted out for snack. I suppose I do cover a lot with him as long as it involves cars :rolleyes: We've just played with sticklebricks and guess what we had to make :laughing:

sue m
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I've got that Annie!!! I have an under active thyroid and have to up my tablets and it says on the net, symptoms, brain fog! Now I have a perfectly good excuse!!! :clapping:

My little mindee is the same, he hasn't played with the toys at all since he came back on Monday. He's been really good at role play though, he's been Fireman Sam and my armchair has been Jupiter and he's been rescuing people from down holes so I tied some string round his waist cos he needed a rope and he was well away! Again, with my brain fog, I don't quite know how to put this in is file, I have no idea where I could get a fireman sam outfit round here. He's in his own little world and then if he sees me looking or I try and join in, he goes all quiet and sits down!!! He's 3 in a few days.

katickles
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
What about mark making with paint???

Chrissy B
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I've got that Annie!!! I have an under active thyroid and have to up my tablets and it says on the net, symptoms, brain fog! Now I have a perfectly good excuse!!! :clapping:

My little mindee is the same, he hasn't played with the toys at all since he came back on Monday. He's been really good at role play though, he's been Fireman Sam and my armchair has been Jupiter and he's been rescuing people from down holes so I tied some string round his waist cos he needed a rope and he was well away! Again, with my brain fog, I don't quite know how to put this in is file, I have no idea where I could get a fireman sam outfit round here. He's in his own little world and then if he sees me looking or I try and join in, he goes all quiet and sits down!!! He's 3 in a few days.

Aww, how cute! what a brilliant imagination he has!

miss mopple
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
painting with the wheels
drawing a track on large paper
junk modelling cars

thats all I can think of right now as my brains numb too :laughing: