PDA

View Full Version : How do you do it?...

snowbunny
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
:blush: I am stunned at how amazing everyone's planning looks, I'm not yet registered but on my way, I am actually terrified about planning now! You all seem to have soooo many ideas!

Do you do monthly themes or weekly? and how do you think up all these ideas? :blush:

I'm starting to get worried!!! :panic: because I'm guessing you have to document everything and what you're planning on doing with each child etc to do with that theme?

x

Twinkles
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't panic http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)most of us have been doing this job or other childcare jobs for a long time. It will seem as easy as anything after a while.
There are a lot of good ideas and help here too.

venus89
06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the ideas become obvious as you go along depending on what the kids are interested in and what their developmental goals are.... Mine are into role play at the moment, and vehicles. We have builders in next week so I'm doing people wo help us this term - lots of dressing up and acting, visiting fire station playing with toy tools......

cherry
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I can really recommend getting some of Sarah707 e books, that will give you plenty of help and ideas. :thumbsup:

sue m
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Not 'everyone' snowbunny! Mine is non existent and I need to sort it! When I started in 1987 you didn't have to have all this paperwork and experienced as I am in looking after children (I've spent all my time with them for 37 since my first was born) I just hate the paperwork. I have a lot going on in my life but then so do a lot of the other girls but I always blame that and my age!!! No good telling Ofsted that though, it's no excuse. I just can't seem to get my head around it and put it off. I do obs etc but planning I hate and don't do it really. My lo is 3 next week and doesn't want to do anything much and the other is 17 months and amuses herself and we read lots of books and play with the dolls etc.

My GP has just rung me and said I need to up my thyroxine so I can blame that to!!! Sorry, not a lot of help. You will get plenty on here though, just not from me I'm afraid lol.

sarah707
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I have years and years of childminding... back in the good old days like suem is talking about it was enough to show you had a few toys and you played with children.

You don't have to write everything down, don't get that idea! :panic:

You need a clear plan of action for what you might do. Then as you go through the week you change things because the children aren't interested or it snows etc. :rolleyes:

You just build things up as you go along and before you know it you've been minding a year and you have all these fab plans in a folder to use next year :D

Dotty
06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I am a little bit like Snowbunny and was terrified at the thought of the paperwork and planning. But Snowbunny, if you look through the forum you will get loads of help and ideas.

I am waiting to become registered (had pre-reg before Xmas) so am preparing policies and paperwork and any ideas (such as the multicultural calender) am keeping in a "planning" file to start off with.

Good luck :)

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
We have a childminder in my group that got an outstanding and she doesn't hav anything written down - be confident and you will be fine