PDA

View Full Version : I have decided that....

emmadines
25-01-2008, 06:37 PM
the NCMA (well one woman) dont know het butt from her elbow!!!! (am sure it was an small error.

I called asking what do we do to get our CRB check (yes Im trying to speed things up if possible:rolleyes: ) anyway she told me I have to send a cm2 form along with my cm1 to enable them to do my crb!

heres me thinking "god no more filling out forms"

I call ofsted to notifie them of my thought off mistake and that I will be sending the relevent form to them in the next couple of days!!

well it turns out thats not how it gose!!! it will automatically be sent out via ofsted!

errrrrrrrrr:panic: :doh: how to confuse someone whos already confused!!!!!!!

Trouble
25-01-2008, 07:05 PM
1 woman at the ncma told me that if a take a child back with out epipen traing i was insure and i asked another question to be put on to someone else to find out i wasnt insured until i had been trained:rolleyes: :eek:

Banana
25-01-2008, 09:33 PM
You're CRB wont be applied for until you have had your pre reg from your Ofsted inspector. Am I just reading your post wrong? Have you had your pre reg? You dont do anything for the CRB, your Ofsted inspector applies for that after she has been out to visit, which they will only do once recieving your CM1 and CM2 forms. Havnt they told you this on the DHC?

x

emmadines
25-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I know you have to send in my cm1 and cm2 froms and the health declaration! all of which have been sent in!

I couldnt remember how we get hold of the crb forms! Ofsted told me but the woman in the ncma obviously didnt know herself!

she told me that I have to send in the cm2 form filled out via myself too. to which is actually wrong!
am now just sitting in wait of the pre reg check!, its all new to me Ive gone from working in nursing homes and hospitals to working with children!! something 100% different let alone being self employed.

emma

Banana
25-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh right so you have sent in the cma cm2 and health declaration. All you have to do now is wait for your pre reg, Ofsted will sort out any forms for you now and your inspector will send it all off

good luck! Hope the regsitration process is speedy for you!

x

emmadines
25-01-2008, 10:11 PM
is it normal at this point to fill like a very small fish in a very BIG pond???:panic: :panic: :panic:

Tily Bud
25-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Dont worry you will soon get used to this, ofsted are always giving lots of conflicting advice !!!

Banana
25-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah. You will feel overwhelmed to start with. When I first joined the forum I couldnt believe all the stuff that was being talked about!! I was terrified. Here I was thinking that I was just going to be looking after some children and doing a bit of playing... then @SMACK@ in the face, there's so much you didnt know. But thats why the forum is so terriffic!! There is ALWAYS someone to ask if you are in doubt and everyone is only too happy to help

Im still learning loads too.I have only been minding a year, but I dont think I'd be half the childminder I am now if it wasnt for all the support I've had from the forum!

Thank you to all of you who help all of the time.

SO dont worry Emmadine, you arent alone in feeling a bit overwhelmed!

x