PDA

View Full Version : Using your own contracts

Tily Bud
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
For those of you who creat their own contracts, where do you get your ideas from ? Do you duplicate them for parents ?

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I personally don't use my own contracts and use NCMA ones. I know that they are expensive but they are legally binding and hopefully cover all eventualities and the costs relevant to a loss seems very small.

Others use their own and one childminder told me that as long as you have the signatures of the parent and the childminder it is legally binding, even if on a cigerette box.

Maybe I am cynical but I like the security of the NCMA ones.

hello kitty
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I use my own, always have done. They have been seen and approved by Ofsted and I have never had a problem with them.

I think I originally cribbed the info off of an NCMA one but have tweaked it over the years to ensure it is in line with current legislation. :D

Tily Bud
03-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks, what about the MM ones has anyone used those ?

Are they as lengthy as the ncma ones x

singlewiththree
04-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks, what about the MM ones has anyone used those ?

Are they as lengthy as the ncma ones x

I've just got the MM ones and they are 5 pages long!!! I have tweeked it into one page for occassional childcare but am now not sure whether to make my own for my day place as it just seems overkill to me. MM also dont mind if you use your own they will still offer legal support, as far as I can remember from here the NCMA will only help if you use their contracts.