PDA

View Full Version : So upset and SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wellybelly
22-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Its Christmas week and I have just been to collect three mindies. All who owe money from last week and for this week, have not paid!!!!!

I was hoping to use this for my Christmas food shop. Im actually in tears because I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Its ****** hard for everyone at the minute, me included.

What makes it worse that one of these people is a close friend. (please see my other threads about not working for friends, so regret it) I regret it even more now.

So now credit card will be even more higher.

Trouble
22-12-2008, 08:54 AM
maybe a polite phone call later to remind them to pay when they pick up:angry:

i think parents think we dont need paying in winter:angry: :angry:

one of mine still hasnt paid for november yet:censored:

FizzysFriends
22-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I agree, give them a ring and be politly forceful that it has to be paid today.

wellybelly
22-12-2008, 09:06 AM
No even more upset, im actually in floodys now. My friend has just come over and ive asked where the her oldest daughter (12 years) is as I have her bkd in mon / tue / wed all day, she said shes decided not to come. Ive said well you'll have to pay as ive turned others away. She said "well I didnt think she was in your numbers as shes over 8". I said dont worry about then.

Im so angry because Im such a walk over and now Ive just lost £75. She's not really a friend is she. Im so upset, its Christmas week .....

RedDragon
22-12-2008, 09:09 AM
What on earth has it got to do with numbers??? The majority of my work are with over 8's.

I wouldn't let it go personally - £75 is a lot of money.

Big hug for you.xx.

Trouble
22-12-2008, 09:09 AM
bless you

tell her it states in your contract that if she doesnt turn up its full fees actually and that over 8s do count friend or not.

:censored: she knows what she doing. my hubby always says to me count to 10 or more before you say yes and no. and it does work

Pipsqueak
22-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Katie = massive hugs to you.

Dry you tears and put your professional head on for a little bit.

Ring these people and just politely explain that you will be expecting payment today at the close of business - have your invoices ready.

As to your friends 12 yr old - never mind that they aren't "included in numbers" you had her booked in and expect payment - it is NOT your fault or problem that daughter/parent has decided she is not coming - you have turned away other business, got things prepared and had outlay. Prepare the invoice and give it to her - saying she caught you on the hop and at a particuarly low moment and you do STILL expect payment.

Big hugs to you

crazybones
22-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Poor you. Thats a lot of money to lose in Xmas week. I have made it a policy that if they book holiday time and dont use it they still have to pay.

manjay
22-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Bless you honey!!! Wish I could make things better for you. Unfortunately it's a fact of life that nice people get taken advantage of. I would have billed for what they all booked for weeks ago but I am incredibly harsh:D. I would definitely call the others that owe you and request money is paid today and then work out how you can do it differently so it doesn't happen again. I sent polite but forceful letters with my Jan invoices and mine all paid by internet banking the day they got them.

I ope you can sort this out. It is so not fair of them to upset you at anytime never mind Christmas week

Big hugs xxxxx

RedDragon
22-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Yes, don't let it go. You are already upset - so getting the invoices ready and getting the money at the end of the day will mean you are perhaps still upset but at least not broke.

The financial side of CM is the worst part I think ((Katie))

wellybelly
22-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Thank you for all your reply's. I dont know what Id do without you lot. Im a bit better now but still angry a friend can treat me this way. Gonna do the invoices later when Ive calmed down a bit x

chaotic_space
22-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Id definately make the call. You could very thoughtfully remind them to drop by the bank on the way to collect their child to save them making another trip TODAY. As for your friend..... what sort of friend takes advantage of you, upsets you and leaves you short of money at Christmas time? In my opinion....one you can live without :angry:

Banana
22-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Im so sorry you have been treated this way! I know how horrible it is to not be paid and to be expecting payment that you have plans for. I would send an invoice for the hours booked - £75 is a lot of money and if she booked them she should have to pay for them. I charge for booked hours unless appropriate notice of cancellation is given

hope you have a good xmas sweet x

angeldelight
22-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Katie = massive hugs to you.

Dry you tears and put your professional head on for a little bit.

Ring these people and just politely explain that you will be expecting payment today at the close of business - have your invoices ready.

As to your friends 12 yr old - never mind that they aren't "included in numbers" you had her booked in and expect payment - it is NOT your fault or problem that daughter/parent has decided she is not coming - you have turned away other business, got things prepared and had outlay. Prepare the invoice and give it to her - saying she caught you on the hop and at a particuarly low moment and you do STILL expect payment.

Big hugs to you

I agree with Pip 100%

If these parents have any decency they will pay you when you call them

Love and Hugs to you

Angel xx

Bushpig
22-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you for all your reply's. I dont know what Id do without you lot. Im a bit better now but still angry a friend can treat me this way. Gonna do the invoices later when Ive calmed down a bit x

Katie, a true friend would never take such advantage of you as she continues to do. I would not let this lie... £75 is £75! I am so sorry you have to deal with this this week too... some people are so bally selfish :(

Big hug!!!!

wellybelly
22-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you all so much, ive calmed down a bit now. Hubby home in a bit to help sort this all out.

Mollymop
22-12-2008, 12:22 PM
hugs, hunny! I hope you get your money xxxx

breezy
22-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Just want to send hugs x

nannysue
22-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Just wanted to send you lots of lovexxxx and i hope you get it all sorted out . I'm sure some parents think this is just a bit of pocket money for us , not the fact that this is what use to eat and pay bills etc.:mad:

marian
22-12-2008, 02:51 PM
didn't want to read and run
good advice already been given
sending hugs
Marian x

Bevbeetle
22-12-2008, 03:03 PM
oh dont get upset some people are unbeleivable one of my mindees mums said could she pay me after christmas because she got lots of nights iout food shopping to do:angry: i was really good said sorry but i also have lots of nights out and food shopping to do she payed up
please dont be upset just learn never do any more favours for them and get a letter out new year explaining about late fees.
cheer up

patevans
22-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I have a parent who is seriously taking the :censored: at the minute, she never ever pays on time anymore since her girlfriend has come into the picture, she sits in the car smoking while the g'friend comes in to collect K She was supposed to pay holiday fees on thurs just gone but says she cant pay me until 24th she sat in the car and wouldn't face me so I made g'friend go out and fetch her, but she can afford for her and g'friend to smoke everyday and pay Brighthouse £200 a week :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: after Christmas if her fees are not in on the thursday she is having late fees!!

Best of it is she has been with me over 2 years so she knows holiday fees have to be in on childs last contracted day - but NO she just has to take the :censored: GRRRRRRR :angry:

miss muffit
22-12-2008, 05:52 PM
The money side of our work is so difficult :angry:

Thing is they cant go to the super market and get food etc and go back a day or two later to pay for it,

I know as i have tried it a few years ago lol

i went into safeways (good old safeways) and put all my shopping on the convayer belt, bagged it all up, the shop assistant said £??.00 and i said would it be ok if i paid you tomorrow lol!!!
her face was a picture :panic: then i laughed and said i'm a childminder and thats what my parents say to me all the time!

she did see the funny side of it

:laughing: :laughing:

late payment fee's a good idea

that reminds me one of my parents hasnt paid today ...um i think a text message is in order :rolleyes:

jeanybeany
22-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I agree with the other advice given. Tell your parents that if they don't pay up then a late payment fee of £x will be added to the fee's for each day it is late.

I don't know how parents have the nerve not to pay on time!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me so angry, they would be the first ones to complain if they weren't paid on time for their work. They seem to think for us it doesn't matter. Wish I had that luxury of such a feeling LOL.

Chin up hun and take care:)

Monkey1
22-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Sending big hugs! x x x x x

Spangles
22-12-2008, 07:41 PM
What happened? Have you been paid now?

I hope that you get the money you are owed as soon as possible. It's disgusting how they are all treating you and taking advantage of your niceness.

brillminder
22-12-2008, 07:54 PM
thinking of you stick to your contracts xx

berkschick
22-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I must be a right old cow lol I quickly learnt to get a very thick skin when it came to the money side of things.

I have to say, all but one of my parents are brilliant.

The one who is a nightmare has had late fees added on 3 months running now :rolleyes: Luckily it is only a beofre schooler so only about £6 a day.

All my other parents are fab. In fact, 2 have already paid me for January because of the holidays. And another is paying on Wednesday.

But I am never ashamed to ask for MY money if I have to.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted quickly.

RedDragon
23-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Yes, let us know.

The money side of Child minding can be the worst part for a lot of Child minders.

Plus, if a parent doesn't pay me my husband always says something sly about me! Like "You are too soft". But what can you do? If the parent turns up without cash or says money supposed to have gone in, what can you do? You can't physically prise money out of their purse.

Keep strong and know that you can come on here and talk to the girls (and boys).

wellybelly
23-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Ok............. Got money off one parent. And had it out with my friend, which was'nt very nice as it got a bit personal but I think she has seen me in a different light (ie Im not going to be a doormat anymore). She has agreed to pay for the booked days and now appriciate's what I do. I told her that I cannot have one set of rules for her and another set for the other kids I mind. I feel really embarrased this morning because I have never spoke up like that before, but as my hubby said she won't take me for granted anymore.

Maybe having it all out in the open is a good thing, Im really not a big fan of confrontation.

Ok Im going food shopping now, so thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Bushpig
23-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Well done!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And it's not a confrontation, it's BUSINESS. You provide her a service which she pays for...

Polly2
23-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Good girl :clapping: well done:clapping:

Glad you got paid and hopefully your friend will not take advantage again

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Well done Katie xxxx

cherry
23-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Well done you, have a lovely christmas :thumbsup:

LisaH
23-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Well done for standing up to them Katie, we all know how hard it is:)

Enjoy spending it!!!:)

Pipsqueak
23-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Ok............. Got money off one parent. And had it out with my friend, which was'nt very nice as it got a bit personal but I think she has seen me in a different light (ie Im not going to be a doormat anymore). She has agreed to pay for the booked days and now appriciate's what I do. I told her that I cannot have one set of rules for her and another set for the other kids I mind. I feel really embarrased this morning because I have never spoke up like that before, but as my hubby said she won't take me for granted anymore.

Maybe having it all out in the open is a good thing, Im really not a big fan of confrontation.

oh well done:clapping: :clapping: - I am so glad that you done it, I hope you are proud of yourself??? Do NOT feel embaressed about it - you have a right to that money.

A VERY Merry Christmas to you and yours and you can now start the New Year as you mean to go on - with your business head on:D

breezy
23-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Well done Katie, you should be proud of yourself xx

LittleMissSparkles
23-12-2008, 03:26 PM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: good for you babe, hope the other pays up soon too xxx

buildingblocks
24-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Well done Katie glad you got paid. one year one of mine hadn't paid me and I rang mid afternoon and reminded her it was last day of working and hse said oh I'll pop it in after Christmas. I said okay then but you will have an extra 6 people for Christmas lunch when she asked me why I said well ifyou don't pay me I can't buy my food for Christmas - strangely she paid me when she picked up lol

RedDragon
24-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I've just text a parent for the 2nd time (1st mum's mobile yesterday and dad's this morning) to tell them they forgot to pay me.

Andrea08
24-12-2008, 01:10 PM
WOW well done kakie im very proud of you, :clapping: money is the hardest part of the job, but if parents wants us to feed the mindees and take them out we need the money £££££
have a great christmas x

angeldelight
24-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Well done Katie that is good news and well done for standing up for yourself

Happy christmas to you

Enjoy spending

Angel xx

childmind04
29-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Glad you stood up to her, hope you managed to get the rest of your parents to cough up :rolleyes:

susan

chaotic_space
29-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I've just text a parent for the 2nd time (1st mum's mobile yesterday and dad's this morning) to tell them they forgot to pay me.

Good for you!

I always text BOTH parents if I have anything I need to say/ask. How many times do parents blame each other for things not being done? That way they can't each say....."omg Im so sorry, I thought he/she paid you already!" :rolleyes:

RedDragon
29-12-2008, 12:51 PM
It was quite funny - no sooner had I sent the message but the husband shoved an envelope through the door with a cheque in it lol I added on the extra half hour on both days too ("OOH, sorry I'm late, Marks and Spencers was SO busy!" Never??? On the day before Christmas - you do surprise me).

Chatterbox Childcare
29-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Claire

It sounds like you have really had the run around.

If you do a newsletter I would reiterate your terms of business and if you don't I would write a letter to each set of parents explaining that you need to be paid on the ... day/date as per your contract.

Well done for getting what is rightfully yours

miffy
29-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Just catching up - well done Katie for standing up for yourself and pleased you got your money.

Claire - sounds like you've been messed around a lot too but glad you've got it sorted in the end

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
30-12-2008, 09:04 AM
If iv'e posted a part reply, sorry i'm new to this! here goes i will try again!
A few years ago a parent(single) went abroard on buisiness without telling me, she was away for a week and payment for the month was due on the Monday. Grandpa delivered son on the Mon with no payment ,he paid me for the week. I did write a very stern letter for mum to receive on her return pointing out that if I did not receive payment in full as per contract on the Sat am (she returned home on the thur pm) that she was in breach of her conract and I would therefore not be insured to care for her son. The cheque was delivered mum said she was sorry she had been very busy and forgot!!!!!
When i was surprised a pointed out that if her employer had not paid her with a simmilar excuse sheprob would't have been happy she saw my point and it never happened again.

Must say I stand no nonsence regard payment, I am running a buisness I love but I'm not a charity I do it to earn a salary.:laughing:

Chrissy B
07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Argh! this is one of the parts i'm scared of when i become a childminder i'm too soft so i'll need to toughen up a bit or alot maybe.

I hope those that was being kept waiting for your payments that you were able to get all payments that was due.

Donkey
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
So glad you got paid, I hate this side too...

if a parent tries the over 8 line, then say to them as per my buildings and contents I can only have x amount at any one time, this is how it is with mm,
I will be doing this from now on, I need to stop been a walk over,