PDA

View Full Version : letter to nurseries

lorraines little treasures
19-12-2008, 12:17 PM
can anyone show me an example of their letter which they hand to the mindees nursery, so you can work with them, i have tried writing one but it never seems right.i havent any children from nursery yet,but like to have one ready for when i do, or incase ofsted visits me thank you any suggestions would be accepted plus samples of letters.just to give me ideas.:panic:

MissTinkerbell
19-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh - i could do with this too as my mindee starts after Xmas 2 afternoons a week.

So I'll bump this up.

sarah707
20-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Mine is very simple...

I introduce myself, give a brief overview of some of the things the children will be doing with me...

Then I have a bit for parents to sign to say they are happy with me sharing...

Then I waffle on about how I would like the playgroup / nursery to share the child's learning journey with me.

Hth :D

annmar1a
03-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I also put a part in the letter about how they would like to share information about the child also how often they would like to get together to discuss info.

Carol
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I did one in October when one of my mindees started nursery and the staff their said I was wasting my paper and couldnt believe I needed to do one :( But at least that is something else I have covered and can show Ofsted.

I did say in my letter I was following the birth to five eyfs and that child x was struggling with her colours and that i was willing to work with them. I just did it in a friendly and professional way.

Carol

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I wrote a very basic one saying

Addressed to head of nursery/school

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is ........... and I am the childminder of ............ who attends nursery within your school (or setting)

As a childcare provider I have, like yourself, to delivery the Early Years Foundation Stage and to avoid repetition of the activities and outcomes whilst delivering it, I would like to work with you sharing information. Could you please advise whether this is an option?

I got an answer from that and put the letter and the reply in the file.

Should keep everyone happy

I did also write and get permission from the parent prior to giving this to the school to talk to "other professionals"

Need anything else, please feel free to pm me for a copy