PDA

View Full Version : Eeekkk...

Buzz Lightyear
19-12-2008, 10:35 AM
... okay, so I sent my Ofsted forms off earlier this week and someone mentioned it could be only a matter of four weeks before they come for my pre-inspection!

So are they're any hints and tips anyone could offer me?

What's good to do / have done?
Anything which will help me / get inspector onside??
Any general good advice / tips??

Pllleeeease share as I want to make sure I am raring to go! :clapping:

x

mummyroysof3
19-12-2008, 04:39 PM
hi, i had mine at the end of august and all id done is the breifing session booked my icp and read the standards and flicked through the eyfs pack, i had thought about my risk assesment but i had nothing on paper and we sat at the table and played with my son and his playdough. had a walk round the houser and that was pretty much it, my advise is dont panic because it no where near like as bad as what you think it will be

charlotte x

Debster
22-12-2008, 04:07 PM
my pre inspection happened less than a week after sending application but you have chrisatmas inbetween so prepare for early jan. The inspection is really to help you get started they will have a wonder around your house don't worry if you do not have a things in place they will be just noted down as actions for you to complete. If of course you have stuff done then great show them your policies if you have them but there is one thing I would strongly recommend and that is go through your white booklet (preparing for your visit) write all the answers to the questions. My inspector spent 2 hours going through these questions with me. I know its easier said than done but try to relax treat them like a friend visiting your home the inspectors are lovely ask her questions too. I felt like I had known my inspector for years and quite enjoyed her visit. Remember they are not there to catch you out or pick out flaws but to assit you. You will be fine.
Debbie

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 04:10 PM
The actual pre-Ofted Inspection, apparently, everything has to be in place from now on :eek: I found this out at the weekend from my EY team as they wrote to me saying I would need to cash in their vouchers (for certain items) before Ofsted came out as it all needs to be done and ready for them to see when Ofsted come out for the pre-inspection.

All change by the sounds of it :(

brillminder
22-12-2008, 06:44 PM
dont panic go witht he flow ~ think what you would do in each sinario /

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks, I'm excited and nervous, this is really it.

It is actually happening :clapping: