PDA

View Full Version : :-( - Update on my twins enquiry

Buzz Lightyear
19-12-2008, 10:33 AM
:update:
A week or two back (lost all track of time now!) my friend enquired with me about looking after her twins from next year. I sent off my discounted fees :) but she has come back this morning saying they still can't afford it as it wouldn't be worth her going back to work :(

She is gutted as I know she is finding it tough with the twins and feels isolated despite her friends being around. She does have two older children too but from a previous marriage but think the twins are a lot harder than she expected.

So boo hoo.... I wont be looking after them :ohdear: Maybe it's for the best.... might have been absolutely zonko-ed by the end.

So here's to the other two enquiries.... I know one is very keen but it all depended on whether I had the twins or not as to whether I could take on all 3 of her children (2yrs, 5yrs and 8yrs). So fingers crossed she still wants me (sob sob) :crying:

LittleMissSparkles
19-12-2008, 10:35 AM
might be for the best in te long run, I ve learnt not to look after friends children after a bad experience which ended our friendship. Things happen for a reason dont they ! I hope you get the other contract and look forward to starting your childminging next year xxx

Polly2
19-12-2008, 11:27 AM
These things happen :( Hope you get the others

sarah707
19-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree with Sparkles... it can be very difficult working for friends and might have worked out for the best.

Fingers crossed for the other enquiries!

Buzz Lightyear
19-12-2008, 11:32 AM
She's also a neighbour so it probably is best, I would hate to fall out with her.

Ah well, if I've had four enquiries pre-reg, I'm sure I'll hear of others fully reg! Here's hoping anyway :o

Polly2
19-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Thats it girl!! Good positive spirit :thumbsup: :D

vickie83
19-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Fingers crossed the other family is still interested! :thumbsup:

brillminder
19-12-2008, 05:20 PM
GOOD LUCK AND happy christmas

Jules27
22-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Good luck filling your spaces. Think there are a number of parents trying to sort childcare for the new year, i'd had nothing for ages but just had 2 in 2 days. I would be a little wary of 3 children from one family as if it all went belly up that would be a large chunk of your income depending on the numbers you are reg for!:)