PDA

View Full Version : friends car!

Scion
18-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm going out tomorrow and getting a lift in a friends (non-childminder)'s car!!!

She obviously doesn't have business insurance...am I ok to take minded kiddies in her car?

Help please!?!?!

jessie1
18-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Scion

I was told under no circumstances am I allowed to take Minded kids in a car thats not insured for Business Purpose. As hubby works for Hartwell Ford and always have big 5-7 seater cars and I am not allowed in future to use the cars as he doesnt have his own insurance but is insured through his company.

Scion
18-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay, thank you for your reply! x

sarah707
19-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Absolutely not, without business insurance... even with permission from parents if you are not insured it's not worth the risk. :(

Pauline
21-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I could understand this if YOU were driving the car, but as it is the friend driving surely she doesn't need to be insured for business use as she is not running a business but simply giving someone a lift.

Obviously I am wrong :huh:

PixiePetal
21-12-2008, 11:18 AM
I have a lift to the local farm park etc with other CM who are obviously insured. Parents give permission so that should be ok.

Odd occasions DH has given lift to me and child with parent permision (no business ins) never thought about it before :(