PDA

View Full Version : Parental Responsibilty / legal contact and the NCMA

sarah707
15-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Member donnahay has been asking NCMA about this.

She has asked me to let you know that today she had a response ...

The NCMA have updated their contracts to include this legally rquired information.

There will also be an explanation of what parents are expected to write.

The new contracts are currently at the printers.

They will be ready to purchase after Christmas.

Hope this helps! :D

Twinkles
15-12-2008, 10:35 PM
O poo ! I've just bought a new pack off them :(

Blaze
16-12-2008, 04:11 AM
I had a feeling they would do something like that when they put everything on sale!:rolleyes:

SimplyLucy
16-12-2008, 06:44 AM
I have a legal contact section on my child information form, will that be ok, I don't really want to re-do all my contracts at the moment.

chels55
16-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I too have just bought a new set

sarah707
16-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I have a legal contact section on my child information form, will that be ok, I don't really want to re-do all my contracts at the moment.

It doesn't matter where the information is, so long as you have got it somewhere :D

miffy
16-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for that

Miffy xx

HomefromHome
16-01-2009, 02:31 PM
hi
have just found the bleep info on this bleep subject!!!!
seeing as i have only just purchased new contracts from ncma i wont be doing so soon!
so am gonna do my own thing - have found my blurb about it so will put that in. do i need to get both parents to sign besides their own name? and when did this come into affect exactly as i will put this at the beginning.
'As from blah blah, childminders must have signed legal parental responsibility forms.'
many thanks in advance for anyone's help!!!!!
(have just spent the last hour clearing top of computer desk! amazing what i found!!):panic:

Twinkles
16-01-2009, 06:25 PM
What exactly have you put on the forms if you don't mind me asking ? I'm going to make some this weekend so need some ideas. I don't want to buy more contracts yet.

DudleyChildmind
16-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Does it have to be written on the contract or can it be written on a form which lists everything about the child that the parent fills in?

HomefromHome
16-01-2009, 06:47 PM
What exactly have you put on the forms if you don't mind me asking ? I'm going to make some this weekend so need some ideas. I don't want to buy more contracts yet.

i only just found the blurb on it - forgot about it to be honest!!!

something like

from 1st sept 08, childminders must have written parental responsiblity information for the children they care for - then put in the blurb i have, then at the bottom i, such n such have sole/joint parental custody (gap to put in printed other half's name) and a place to sign n date - do this twice at the bottom in case of 2 parents signing- it does mention it on page 23 of stat. framwork for the eyfs booklet but doesnt really go beyond that!
hope this helps - when 've done it i'll put it on here to see what people think!
:)

donnadoo2004200
16-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I will be interested to see it if you dont mind thanks

desiderata
21-01-2009, 11:20 PM
When did people find out about this. I havent officially heard anything. Will also have to make up some forms then as I too have just purchased new contracts. I feel NCMA should have informed us when we ordered them that they were changing as I ordered mine by phone they could have said and I would have hung on. Typical!!

sarah707
22-01-2009, 07:42 AM
When did people find out about this. I havent officially heard anything. Will also have to make up some forms then as I too have just purchased new contracts. I feel NCMA should have informed us when we ordered them that they were changing as I ordered mine by phone they could have said and I would have hung on. Typical!!

It's in the statutory requirements of the EYFS.

It seems like Ncma were a little slow at reacting.

DudleyChildmind
22-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I had my inspection today ( http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=315022#post315022 ) and the inspector asked me about this. I don't have the parental responsibility written on my contract but I do have it on my 'child information' form and they were very happy with that.